Conversation A
對話A
Linda: Was your old home bigger than your new apartment?
琳達:你以前的房子比你的新公寓大嗎?
James: Yes, I lived in a lovely old house.
詹姆斯:是的,我原來住在一棟漂亮的老房子里。
Linda: Oh, I love old houses. Was it made of wood or brick?
琳達:哦,我喜歡老房子。它是木頭做的還是磚做的?
James: Wood, but my new apartment is in a tall brick building.
詹姆斯:木頭,但是我的新公寓是在一棟高大的磚房里。
Linda: Why did you move?
琳達:你為什么搬家?
James: I wanted to live near the office. My old house was too far away.
詹姆斯:我想住在辦公室附近。我的老房子太遠了。
Conversation B
對話B
Susie: At present, I have a nice house, but my rent went up, so I need a smaller place.
蘇西:我目前住在一個還不錯的房子里,但是我的房租上漲了,所以我需要搬到一個小一點的地方。
Alex: Some people live in micro houses.
亞歷克斯:有些人住在微型房子里。
Susie: Those are very small.
蘇西:那些房子非常小。
Alex: They're cute, too.
亞歷克斯:它們也很可愛。
Susie: Well, I don't want a tiny home -- maybe something between a house and a micro house.
蘇西:嗯,我不想住在極小的房子里--也許我想要的是介于普通房子和微型房子之間的那種。
Alex: That sounds like an apartment.
亞歷克斯:那聽起來像公寓。
Susie: Yes, I should look at some apartments.
蘇西:是的,我應該去看看公寓。