Conversation A
對話A
Linda: How are you, James?
琳達:詹姆斯,你最近怎么樣?
James: I'm OK. I have a new apartment.
詹姆斯:我很好。我有了一件新公寓。
Linda: Really. I didn't know that. Is it nice?
琳達:真的啊。我都不知道。是不是很好?
James: Yes. But it's not perfect.
詹姆斯:是啊。但是并不完美。
Linda: What's wrong with it?
琳達:有什么問題嗎?
James: My bedroom is very small.
詹姆斯:我的臥室太小了。
Linda: Does your bed fit in the room?
琳達:你的床放的進臥室嗎?
James: Yes, but there's no space for other furniture.
詹姆斯:可以,但是沒有空間放其它家具了。
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: What are you doing, Susie?
阿萊克斯:蘇西,你在做什么?
Susie: I'm looking for a new home.
蘇西:我在找一個新住處。
Alex: Is something wrong with your current home?
阿萊克斯:你現在的住處有什么問題嗎?
Susie: No, but my rent is too expensive.
蘇西:沒有,只是我的房租太貴了。
Alex: That's too bad.
阿萊克斯:那可太糟了。
Susie: It's OK. I also want a change.
蘇西:還好。我也想改變一下了。
Alex: Excellent. So are you looking for a house or an apartment?
阿萊克斯:太好了。所以你在尋找一所住宅還是一個公寓?
Susie: That's a good question...
蘇西:問得好...