I needed to make an appointment with a doctor so I called my health plan’s phone number for new patients.
我需要預約醫生,所以我撥打了健康計劃的電話號碼。
Before I could schedule my appointment, I had to listen to several recorded messages to be routed to the right medical office.
在我安排預約之前,必須得聽幾段錄音信息,然后把信息發送至要預約的診所。
The recording said to stay on the line for assistance.
這段錄音說,請不要掛機。
Clerk: Hello, Western Medical Group.
客服:您好,這里是Western Medical Group。
Damien: Hello, I’d like to make an appointment with Dr. Gupta.
達米安:你好,我想和古普塔醫生約個時間見面。
Clerk: Are you a new patient or a returning patient?
客服:請問,您是新病人還是復診病人?
Damien: I’m a new patient.
達米安:我是第一次預約。
Clerk: Who referred you to Dr. Gupta?
客服:請問誰向您推薦的古普塔醫生?
Damien: No one. One of the health benefits of my plan is that I can self-refer to some specialists.
達米安:沒人推薦。我的健康計劃的好處之一是我可以自我推薦一些專家。
Clerk: What is the name of your plan and your medical record number?
客服:你的健康計劃和病歷號碼是什么?
Damien: It’s Waiser and my medical record number is 23456789.
達米安:威瑟健康計劃,我的病歷號碼是23456789。
Clerk: It looks like Dr. Gupta is booked up for the next three weeks. She has an opening on March 2nd, at 4:30 p.m.
客服:古普塔醫生接下來三周的時間似乎都排滿了。她3月2日下午4:30有時間。
Damien: I was hoping to get an early morning appointment.
達米安:我本來想約個早上時間的。
Clerk: The next morning appointment won’t be until March 18th, at 11:00. You’ll need to check in at 10:45 to fill out paperwork. Should I put you down for that?
客服:次日早上的預約要到3月18日11點才會開始。你需要在10點45分辦理入住手續。你要先登記一下嗎?
Damien: Is it possible to get an even earlier appointment?
達米安:有沒有可能預約到更早的就診時間?
Clerk: Dr. Gupta doesn’t begin seeing patients until 10:30.
客服:古普塔醫生要到10:30才開始看診。
Damien: 10:30? Isn’t that pretty late?
達米安:10:30嗎?這時間是不是太晚了?
Clerk: Dr. Gupta likes to play golf in the mornings.
客服:古普塔醫生早上會先打會兒高爾夫。
Damien: Why do you think I want an early morning appointment? Doesn’t she know that some of her patients prefer late-morning golf?
達米安:你覺得我為什么要預約早上的時間?難道她不知道一些病人也喜歡在上午晚些時候打高爾夫球嗎?
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載