Joseph Campbell: You must have a room, or a certain hour or so a day,
約瑟夫·坎貝爾說:你必須有個私人空間,或者一天特定的時間段
when you don't know what was in the newspapers that morning, you don't know who your friends are,
此時你不知道今早報紙上講什么,不知道你的朋友是誰
you don't know what you owe anybody, you don't know what anybody owes you.
不知道欠了別人什么,不知道別人欠你什么
This is a place where you can simply experience and bring forth what you are and what you might be.
這才是你能夠靜下心體會,感覺到你是誰以及可能是誰的時候
This is the place of creative incubation. At first, you may find that nothing happens there.
這才是創造力孵化的時候。一開始,你可能發現什么都沒有發生
But if you have such a sacred place and use it, something eventually will happen.
但如果你有一個這樣神圣的時刻,并且好好利用它,奇跡終將會發生
And very often, it's during this incubation times, it's during these time-ins, during the time when you have the opportunity to reflect,
很經常,就在這孵化的時間里,在這些休息時間里,在這你有機會反思自己的時間里
whether it's on the response paper, or just hang out and listen to music.
不管是寫論文,還是出去玩,聽音樂

That's very often when the ah ha moment comes.
靈光乍現的時刻通常都出現在此時
The eureka experience. The one second "I see the symphony".
頓悟的體會,再一次的“我聽到了交響樂”
You know, in some way, you can think about an analogy of how this happens.
某種程度上來說你可以對此進行一個類比
You can think about stage one. Or you can think about in a context of a sexual intercourse. Of making love.
你可以想想第一個階段。或者你可以當做性交流來想想。比如做愛
Preparation and incubation can be the equivalent to foreplay. The eureka experience, the orgasm.
準備和孵化就好比前戲,頓悟的時刻就是高潮
Now the important thing to understand about this process is you have to go through preparation, incubation to get to the eureka experience.
這個過程中要理解的很重要的一點是你必須經過準備和孵化才能到達頓悟的時刻
In other words, you need the foreplay. Did you hear that man? You need the foreplay to get to the next level.
換句話說,必須要有前戲。男同學們,你們聽見了嗎?必須有前戲才能進入下一步
It's important. It's part of the creative process. It's significant.
這很重要,這是創造力的過程的一部分。這意義重大,
It's very significant for love. It's significant also for this process.
對于愛情來說意義重大。對于這個過程來說同樣意義重大