Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Well, Mark, are you keeping cool this summer?
京晶:嗨,馬克,今年夏天你有做好防暑降溫嗎?
Mark: It hasn't been too much of a scorcher.
馬克:今年夏天并沒有那么暴熱。
Jingjing: Speaking of scorchers, did you see the new animated movie, Ne Zha?
京晶:說到大熱門,你看過新上映的動畫電影《哪吒》了嗎?
Mark: Yeah, I caught it last Sunday evening.The theater was jam-packed.
馬克:看了,我上周日晚上看的。電影院里擠滿了人。
Jingjing: I haven't seen it yet. But I know it's based on a mythical figure everybody knows.
京晶:我還沒看呢。但我知道它改編自一個家喻戶曉的傳統神話人物。
Mark: There were a lot of kids in the audience. It was a pretty family-friendly film.
馬克:觀眾里也有很多小朋友。這是一部適合全家觀看的影片。
Jingjing: That's what I heard.
京晶:我也聽說是這樣。
Mark: There were funny parts for people of all ages. I won't say anything about the story now, though. You still want to catch it in the cinema, don't you?
馬克:影片有適合各個年齡層的觀眾的笑料。但故事情節我現在什么也不會說,你還想去電影院看的,不是嗎?
Jingjing: I hope to. There's an IMAX theater close to where I live. That's a little pricey, but probably worth it for an action comedy cartoon.
京晶:對,我希望。我家附近就有一家IMAX影院。票價雖然有一點點貴,但是這樣一部動作喜劇卡通片很可能值回票價。
Mark: Yeah, it was non-stop action, to be sure. The thing that kept it interesting were all the changes of scenery. In one scene, they're on the heavenly plane, then later they're in this painting world.
馬克:是的,確實是一系列接連不斷的動作鏡頭。讓片子趣味十足的地方是那些不斷變化的場景。在一個情景里,他們坐上飛去仙界的飛機,過了一會兒他們又進入了畫中世界。
Jingjing: Hey, I thought you weren't going to ruin it for me!
京晶:嘿,我以為你不會劇透給我呢!
Mark: That won't ruin it for you, Jingjing. I'd only be ruining it if I told you that, in the end, the two main characters—
馬克:京晶,那不算劇透了。如果我告訴你兩個主角的最后結局那才是劇透,結局是——
Jingjing: Shush, shush! Let's talk about it after I've seen it, OK?
京晶:停,停!等我看過之后我們再來討論吧,好嗎?
Mark: No problem. I'll have some questions for you then.
馬克:沒問題。我還有一些問題想問你呢。
Jingjing: I hope I can help answer them.
京晶:希望我能幫忙吧。
Mark: Your movie ticket will also help set the box office record for one of the biggest films in China.
馬克:你的電影票也將幫助它刷新票房記錄,成為中國賣座大片之一。
Jingjing: I know, right? I read that Ne Zha is setting all kinds of records.
京晶:我知道,可不是嗎?我看到報道說《哪吒》正在創造各種新紀錄。
Mark: Well, get out there and help put it on top. Let me know what you think later.
馬克:是的,去電影院看吧,助《哪吒》票房登頂。之后你再告訴我你的想法。
Jingjing: Will do. See you next time.
京晶:會的會的。回見。
Mark: See you.
馬克:回見。
New words : 習語短語
scorcher 大熱天,酷暑
– a very hot day
jam-packed 塞滿的;擁擠不堪的
– full of people
mythical figure 神話人物
– a character from old stories
IMAX 寬銀幕,超大銀幕
– image maximum, 70mm film format
shush (要某人安靜)噓,安靜,噤聲
– quiet down!
box office 售票處,票房
- where tickets are sold for cinemas, also about the amount of ticket sales
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: OK, Mark. Well, I made it out and saw Ne Zha.
京晶:好了,馬克。我已經去看了《哪吒》。
Mark: And? What was your take on it?
馬克:然后呢?你怎么看待這部電影?
Jingjing: I can see why it's so popular. If I were a kid, I would get a kick out of it. As an adult, I totally enjoyed it too.
京晶:我知道它為什么這么受歡迎了。如果我是個孩子,我會看得很開心。作為一個成年人,
我也非常喜歡它。
Mark: Glad you liked it. What was your favorite part?
馬克:很高興你喜歡。你最喜歡的部分是哪里?
Jingjing: Well, just like you started to mention last time: the painting world was pretty spectacular. I liked it when the guy made a roller coaster out of water for the main character. It showed that they wanted the young hero to enjoy life and learn to care for people.
京晶:嗯,就像你上次在一開始提到的:畫筆中的世界實在太美了!我最喜歡的場景就是那個人(太乙)給主角打造了一個水上過山車。這表明他們想讓這個年輕小英雄快樂地生活并且學會關愛他人。
Mark: Yeah, that part was delightful!
馬克:是的,那部分非常有意思。
Jingjing: You know, the film took some liberties with Ne Zha. In the stories where that character appears, Ne Zha is just heroic, not as naughty or harmful as the film shows.
京晶:你知道的,這部電影對哪吒這個人物做了一些改動。哪吒在原型故事里是一個英雄形象,并不像電影里表現地那么頑皮或是有害。
Mark: Oh really? I thought that was what was interesting about the story, how everyone tried to turn Ne Zha from bad to good.
馬克:真的嗎?我認為這正是故事有趣的地方,每個人都想把哪吒從壞小孩變成好孩子。
Jingjing: Right. That's an interesting premise for a film.
京晶:是的。那是一個有意思的前提。
Mark: Yeah, siblings separated at birth, one raised by good people, the other raised by bad ones.
馬克:是啊,兩兄弟在出生時就分開了,一個由好人撫養,另一個由壞人帶大。
Jingjing: The dragons weren't all bad. They just wanted to get out of the depths.
京晶:龍族人不是完全壞的人。他們只是想脫離深海禁錮。
Mark: Oh, thanks, Jingjing. You just answered my question.
馬克:哦,這樣啊,謝謝了,京晶。你剛好回答了我的疑問。
Jingjing: Huh? What question?
京晶:哦,什么問題?
Mark: I was going to ask you, after you saw Ne Zha, what the dragons were trying to do.
馬克:我本來想等你看完后問你,龍族到底想要做什么。
Jingjing: Oh. Ha ha. Glad I could help!
京晶:這樣啊,哈哈,很高興我能幫上忙!
New words : 習語短語
(someone's) take on (something) 某人對某一事物的理解和看法
– what someone thinks of something, their opinion
get a kick out of (something) 因某事感到愉快
– enjoy something
take some liberties (with something)隨意改變某事 隨心所欲
– change something in a way that people might not accept
Premise 前提,假定
– a basic idea for a story
Siblings 兄弟姐妹
– brothers and sisters
depths – 深海
deep parts of the ocean