Bill Gates himself weighed in at 10:46 that night.
比爾·蓋茨在當晚10點46分發表了評論,
His subject line, "Apple's Jobs again," indicated his frustration.
標題是“還是蘋果的喬布斯”,他的沮喪表露無遺。
"Steve Jobs's ability to focus in on a few things that count,
他說:“史蒂夫·喬布斯有種驚人的能力:把關注點放在真正有價值的地方,
get people who get user interface right, and market things as revolutionary are amazing things," he said.
能找來會做用戶界面的人,以及革命性的營銷手段。”
He too expressed surprise that Jobs had been able to convince the music companies to go along with his store.
他也非常驚訝于喬布斯能說服那么多唱片公司加人他的商店。
"This is very strange to me. The music companies' own operations offer a service that is truly unfriendly to the user.
“這在我看來很奇怪。音樂公司提供的服務都太不人性化了。
Somehow they decide to give Apple the ability to do something pretty good."
但不知為什么,他們卻決定把這個絕好的機會讓給蘋果。”
Gates also found it strange that no one else had created a service that allowed people to buy songs rather than subscribe on a monthly basis.
還有一點讓蓋茨覺得奇怪:除了蘋果之外,沒有其他公司推出過購買歌曲的服務,而都是采用月度訂閱的方式。
"I am not saying this strangeness means we messed up
他寫道:“我說奇怪并不是指我們搞砸了,
at least if we did, so did Real and Pressplay and MusicNet and basically everyone else," he wrote.
至少,如果我們搞砸了,那么Real、PressPlay和MusicNet,甚至每個公司也都搞砸。
"Now that Jobs has done it we need to move fast to get something where the user interface and Rights are as good...
既然喬布斯已經做了,那我們就需要趕快去找一些同樣好的用戶界面、拿到同樣好的版權...
I think we need some plan to prove that, even though Jobs has us a bit flat footed again,
我認為我們需要一些計劃來證明自己,即使喬布斯又一次讓我們措手不及,
we can move quick and both match and do stuff better."
我們也可以迅速行動起來,做出更好的東西。”