地點:一家錄像店
人物:理查德,莫妮卡
事件:莫妮卡在一家錄像店偶遇理查德,兩個人像朋友一樣聊天。
劇情片段
Richard: You’ve got panties stuck to① your leg.
理查德:你的內褲黏在腿上了。
Monica: That’s because I–I was just grabbing some things out of the dryer, and it’s static cling. Or maybe it’s just ‘cause God knew I’d be running into② you and saw an opportunity.1
莫妮卡:因為我,我剛才從烘干機里拿出衣服,是靜電。或者也許老天也知道我會遇見你,覺得這是一個機會。
Richard:It’s good to see you.
理查德:見到你真高興。
Monica: It’s good to see you too. You see that guy? He’s in classics now..
莫妮卡:我也是。看到那家伙沒有?他現在在“經典影片”區。
Richard:.2 This is nice.
理查德:這樣真好。
Monica: Yeah.
莫妮卡:是啊。
Richard: I missed this.
理查德:我好懷念這種時光。
Monica: Me too.
莫妮卡:我也是。
Richard: So, you wanna get a hamburger or something?
理查德:想一起吃個漢堡什么的嗎?
Monica: Oh, um, I don’t know if that’s a good idea.
莫妮卡:哦,嗯,我不知道這樣好不好。
Richard: Oh. Look, just friends, I won’t grope you. I promise.
理查德:哦,只是朋友,我不會動手動腳的,我保證。
Monica: No, I just, I think it’s too soon.
莫妮卡:不,我只是,我覺得太快了。
Richard: No, it’s not too soon. I had lunch at a eleven.
理查德:不早啊,我11點吃的午餐。