地點:莫妮卡公寓客廳
人物:瑞秋,馬克
事件:瑞秋和馬克回到了家中,馬克要親吻瑞秋,但是瑞秋拒絕了,她總是覺得自己是為了報復羅斯才跟馬克在一起的,覺得自己不能這么做。
劇情片段(場景:莫妮卡公寓內,瑞秋和馬克約會歸來。)
Mark: Why do all you’re coffee mugs have numbers on the bottom①?
馬克:你所有的咖啡杯底部為什么都有編號?
Rachel: Oh. That’s so Monica can keep track②. That way if one on them is missing, she can be like, “Where’s number 27?”1
瑞秋:哦,這樣莫妮卡才方便追蹤。要是少了一個,她就可以說:“27號杯子呢?”
Rachel: Y’know what?
瑞秋:你知道嗎?
Mark: No. And I don’t think I’m gonna want to.2
馬克:不知道,也不想知道
Rachel:I can’t do this.
瑞秋:我不能這么做。
Mark: Yep. Yep, that’s what I didn’t want to know.
馬克:是啊,是啊,我就是不想知道這件事。
Rachel: Well, oh, Mark, I’m just doing this for the wrong reasons3, y’know? I’m just doing it to get back at③ Ross. I’m sorry, it’s not very fair to you.
瑞秋:哦,馬克,我的出發點是錯的,我這么做只是想報復羅斯。對不起,這樣對你不公平。
Mark: Ahh! Fair, schmair④! Y’know? Look, you want to get back at Ross, I am here for you. Really. No–no, I say–I say, I say we get back at him right here on this couch. Right here!
馬克:啊!去他的公平!你想報復羅斯,盡管找我。真的,不,不,我說,我說我們就在這張沙發上報復他吧。就在這兒!
Rachel: Oh God. I’m sorry about this.
瑞秋:天哪,很抱歉。
Mark: That’s Okay.
馬克:沒關系。
Rachel: You sure?
瑞秋:你確定?
Mark: Yeah. I can just go home and get back at him by myself.4
馬克:是的。我可以回去自己報復他。