Conversation A
對話A
Susie: I love my tablet. James, do you own a tablet?
蘇西:我很喜歡我的平板電腦。詹姆斯,你有平板嗎?
James: No. I don't need one. I just use my smartphone.
詹姆斯:沒有。我不需要。我就用我的智能手機就可以了。
Susie: But smartphones aren't big enough for some things.
蘇西:但是有些事情用智能手機,顯得不夠大啊。
James: True, but then I use my computer.
詹姆斯:沒錯,但是那樣我就會用我的電腦。
Susie: But I can carry my tablet with me.
蘇西:我是隨身攜帶著我的平板電腦。
James: You could get a laptop instead of a tablet.
詹姆斯:你可以買一臺筆記本,不必用平板。
Susie: Hmm. Both of them could fit into my bag.
蘇西:嗯。這兩個東西都可以放進我的書包。
Conversation B
對話B
Taylor: Hi, Linda. How are you?
泰勒:嗨,琳達。你怎么樣?
Linda: I'm a little upset.
琳達:我有一點失落。
Taylor: Oh, no. What's wrong?
泰勒:哦,不。怎么了?
Linda: My laptop broke this morning.
琳達:今天早上我的筆記本電腦壞了。
Taylor: Oh, dear. Will you repair it or get a new one?
泰勒:哦,天啊。你是要修還是買一臺新的?
Linda: I want a new one. But I actually want a desktop computer.
琳達:我想買一臺新的。但是實際上我想要一臺臺式電腦。
Taylor: Why?
泰勒:為什么?
Linda: Well, my laptop's battery didn't last very long, and desktop computers always have power.
琳達:嗯,我的筆記本的電池續航不好,而臺式電腦一直都有電。