Next it was Phil Schiller's turn. "Can I bring out my idea now?" he asked.
接下來輪到了菲爾·席勒發言:“下面來說說我的點子。”
He left the room and returned with a handful of iPod models,
他走出房間,然后拿來一堆iPod的模型,
all of which had the same device on the front: the soon-to-be-famous trackwheel.
它們的正面都有一個相同的裝置,也就是后來著名的轉盤追蹤設計。
"I had been thinking of how you go through a playlist," he recalled.
他回憶道:“我一直在想怎么瀏覽播放列表。
"You can't press a button hundreds of times. Wouldn't it be great if you could have a wheel?"
你不可能按幾百次按鈕。如果有個轉盤豈不是很好?”
By turning the wheel with your thumb, you could scroll through songs.
通過大拇指旋轉轉盤,你可以滾動所有的歌曲。
The longer you kept turning, the faster the scrolling got, so you could zip through hundreds easily.
而且你轉的時間越長,列表下拉的速度就越快,所以你可以很容易地瀏覽幾百首歌。
Jobs shouted, "That's it!" He got Fadell and the engineers working on it.
喬布斯大叫:“就這個!”他讓法德爾和工程師們按照這個構思開工。
Once the project was launched, Jobs immersed himself in it daily.
自從項目開始,喬布斯每天都投入其中。
His main demand was "Simplify!"
他最主要的要求就是“簡化!”