Conversation A
對話A
Linda: I've never played rummy before.
琳達:我之前從來沒玩兒過拉米紙牌。
Taylor: The rules are easy.
泰勒:規(guī)則很簡單。
Susie: The object of the game is to use all your cards.
蘇西:這個游戲的目標就是要打出你所有的牌。
Linda: How do you do that?
琳達:要怎么做呢?
James: By making runs or sets. A run is three cards in a row of the same suit.
詹姆斯:通過組成順子或者套牌。順子就是三張同樣花色的順牌。
Susie: And a set is three cards of the same number.
蘇西:而套牌就是三張同樣大小的牌。
Linda: Like three fives.
琳達:比如說三個五。
Taylor: OK. Let's shuffle the cards.
泰勒:好的。我們洗牌吧。
Conversation B
對話B
James: Linda, it's your turn.
詹姆斯:琳達,到你了。
Linda: OK. I'll take a card from the pile. Great! I needed this card. Now I have four kings. I can put them down, and I win! I used all my cards!
琳達:好的。我要從牌堆里抽一張牌。太好了!我需要這張牌?,F在我有四個K。我可以把它們打出去了,我贏了!我打完了所有牌!
Taylor: Good for you! You learned the game quickly.
泰勒:你好厲害!你學這個游戲學得很快!
James: Let's play again. That was just beginner's luck.
詹姆斯:我們再來一把吧。這只不過是新手的好運罷了。
Susie: You just don't like to lose!
蘇西:你只是不愿意輸而已!
James: Well, winning is more fun than losing!
詹姆斯:嗯,勝利總是要比失敗有趣啊!