'Can we have another go? Just one more go?'
“我們能再試一次嗎?就一次好嗎?”
'Not now,' said Lupin firmly. 'You've had enough for one night. Here —' He handed Harry a large bar of Honeydukes' best chocolate.
“現在不行,”盧平堅決地說,“今晚已經夠你受的了。喏——”他遞給哈利一大塊蜂蜜公爵店里最好的巧克力。
'Eat the lot, or Madam Pomfrey will be after my blood. Same time next week?'
“把它全吃了,要不然龐弗雷夫人要找我算賬了。下星期這時候怎么樣?”
'OK,' said Harry. He took a bite of the chocolate and watched Lupin extinguishing the lamps that had rekindled with the disappearance of the Dementor.
“好。”哈利說。他咬了一口巧克力,看著盧平熄滅那些隨著攝魂怪的消失而復明的燈。
A thought had just occurred to him.
他忽然有個想法。
'Professor Lupin?' he said. 'If you knew my dad, you must've known Sirius Black as well.'
“盧平教授?”他說,“如果您認識我爸爸,那您也一定認識小天狼星布萊克了。”
Lupin turned very quickly. 'What gives you that idea?' he said sharply.
盧平迅速回過身來。“你怎么會想起這個?”他尖銳地問。
'Nothing — I mean, I just knew they were friends at Hogwarts, too ...'
“沒什么——我的意思是說,我剛剛知道他們在霍格沃茨也是朋友……”
Lupin's face relaxed. 'Yes, I knew him,' he said shortly.
盧平的臉色不緊張了。“是的,我認識他,”他簡短地說,
'Or I thought I did. You'd better get off, Harry, it's getting late.'
“要不然就是我認為我認識。你不如快走吧,哈利,時間不早了。”

Harry left the classroom, walked along the corridor and around a corner,
哈利離開那教室,沿著走廊走去,轉過拐角,
then took a detour behind a suit of armour and sank down on its plinth to finish his chocolate,
然后在一套盔甲后面繞了一個彎,坐在它的底座上吃完他的巧克力,
wishing he hadn't mentioned Black, as Lupin was obviously not keen on the subject.
心想他剛才沒有提到布萊克就好了,因為盧平顯然對這個話題不感興趣。
Then Harry's thoughts wandered back to his mother and father ...
然后哈利的思緒又回到了他父母身上……
He felt drained and strangely empty, even though he was so full of chocolate.
他覺得很累,還有一種奇異的空虛感,盡管他剛剛吃飽了巧克力。
Terrible though it was to hear his parents' last moments replayed inside his head,
在腦子里聽到了父母臨終時的聲音雖然可怕,
these were the only times Harry had heard their voices since he was a very small child.
但哈利這還是他惟一一次聽到他爸爸的聲音。
But he'd never be able to produce a proper Patronus if he half wanted to hear his parents again ...
不過,要是他分一半心思想再聽聽父母的聲音,他就永遠不能產生一個合適的守護神……