Then he stood up and delivered a long rant about how the United States had no business doing anything in Eastern Europe, period.
然后他站起來發表了一篇美國如何無權干涉東歐事務的演說。
And this is coming from a Russian who moved to the United States.
這來自于一位移居到美國的俄羅斯人。
It wasn't as if he hated America; he loves living in America.
他并不討厭美國;他很喜歡在美國的生活。
It's just that he was giving a... he was being a Russian, giving a traditional Russian view on the subject.
他只是給了……他只是個俄羅斯人,表達了俄羅斯在這個問題上的傳統看法。
I was very grateful to him for speaking up, because international viewpoints just don't march into my classroom every day of the week.
我很感謝他說了出來,因為國際上的看法并不會每天都進入我的課堂。

I was also grateful for the fact that he was very polite about the way he voiced his strong opposition to American policy.
我也很感激他能夠很有禮貌地表達自己對美國政策的強烈不滿。
I encourage you to seek opposing opinions.
我鼓勵大家發現不同的看法。
Whether you find them from international students here, on the internets, and wherever else you can get them, it's all good.
不管是通過這里的國際學生,還是網絡,不管你在哪兒得到這些看法,都會很好。
And as always, say what you think, but say it politely.
而且,說出你的看法,是要禮貌地說出來。
I hope that I've said this all politely, too.
我希望我也是很禮貌地講的。
Thank you for putting up with it.
謝謝大家這么耐心地聽我說。