So for me, it was talkative. For her, it was passion. Again, automatically going there.
在我眼中多話,在她眼中是熱情,她自動地發現恩惠
There is a genetic set point and we'll talk about the genes that lead some people to be much more benefit finders than others
這里有基因因素,我們會談到基因讓某些人比其他人更善于發現益處
But at the same time, we can work on it.
但與此同時,我們可以加以培養
We can work on it, pathway by pathway.
我們可以一條通道一條通道地塑造
And what we are doing there is quite literally transforming the brain
我們所做的就是改變大腦
We'll talk about during the week on mindfulness meditation that meditation, for instance regular yoga actually makes
我們會在講到"念"和"冥想"時講這個問題,冥想,比如經常做瑜珈
our... changes the pathwaya in our brain, makes it more active on the left side
能改變我們大腦里的通道,讓左側相
compared to the right side. Thus making us more susceptible to positive emotions, more resilient to the phase of painful emotions.
比右側更活躍。讓我們更易受到積極情緒的感染.對痛苦情緒有更好的承受力
We can change the brain. Neuroplasiticity and neurogenesis.
我們可以改變大腦,利用神經可塑性和神經形成

We are going to talk about two types of change in this next week.
下周我們會談到兩種類型的改變
The first type of change is the gradual approach.
第一種是漸進的改變
This is the change of gradually chipping away excess stone.
這種改變是一點點鑿掉多余的石頭
This is the change that we see in nature with the water sweeping away the stone, making it thinner over time, making it smoother.
這種改變就像自然界的水沖刷石塊,歷經時日,讓石塊變得更薄更光滑
The gradual change. This is the change we mostly see in the world
漸進的改變,這是世上最常見的改變
It's the healthy change. There is no quick fix. It takes time. However, the change process can be as enjoyable as the outcome.
這是健康的改變,沒有捷徑,需要時間。然而改變的過程可以和結果一樣讓人享受
Think about how to learn to play musical instrument.
想想學習演奏樂器
It takes time. It's by the way the same process, because we are creating new neural pathways in our brain, when we are learning musical instrument.
它需要時間,是相同的過程,因為我們在大腦里創造新的神經通道,當我們學習演奏樂器時
We can enjoy the process that ten years that it takes us to get to play in a concert in Leverett JCR.
我們享受十年的學習過程,最后在萊弗里特學生社交室里舉辦的音樂會上演奏