Ah, well, depends on the -- Google appealed the case.
呃,是根據...谷歌上訴了。
The case is going to court. It will last a while.
所以這個案子會上法庭。會花一些時間。
Earlier, last year, you asked Apple to pay 13 billion in back taxes, and you have also investigated other companies,
去年早些時候,您向蘋果索取130億的退稅,您也調查了其他公司,
including European and Russian companies, not only American companies, by far.
包括歐洲和俄羅斯的公司,不單只有美國的公司。
Yet the investigations against the American companies are the ones that have attracted the most attention
然而,針對美國公司的調查最引人注目,
and they have also attracted some accusations.
同時也引來一些指控。
You have been accused, essentially, of protectionism, of jealousy,
您被指控施行保護主義、嫉妒,
or using legislation to hit back at American companies that have conquered European markets.
以法律來攻擊征服歐洲市場的美國公司。
"The Economist" just this week on the front page writes, "Vestager Versus The Valley." How do you react to that?
《經濟學人》本周的頭版寫道“韋斯塔格爾vs硅谷”。您如何回應?
Well, first of all, I take it very seriously, because bias has no room in law enforcement.
首先,我很嚴肅看待這事,因為執法是容不下偏見的。
We have to prove our cases with the evidence and the facts and the jurisprudence in order also to present it to the courts.
我們必須以證據、事實和法律體系來證明我們的案子,以便陳給法庭。
The second thing is that Europe is open for business, but not for tax evasion.
第二,歐洲是開放市場,而不是避稅所。
The thing is that we are changing, and for instance,
重點是,我們不斷在改變,舉個例子,
when I ask my daughters -- they use Google as well -- "Why do you do that?"
我問我女兒--她們也用谷歌--“你們為什么用它?”
They say, "Well, because it works. It's a very good product."
她們說,“因為它好用啊,是很好的產品。”
They would never, ever, come up with the answer, "It's because it's a US product."
她們不會這樣回答:“因為這是美國的產品”。
It's just because it works. And that is of course how it should be.
只是因為這個產品好用。當然,原本就該是這樣的。
But just the same, it is important that someone is looking after to say,
同樣的,關注你的人說以下的話也很重要,
"Well, we congratulate you while you grow and grow and grow,
“當你不斷成長時我們恭喜你,
but congratulation stops if we find that you're misusing your position to harm competitors so that they cannot serve consumers."
但若我們發現你利用職權去傷害其他競爭者,不讓他們服務消費者時,恭賀就會停止。”
It will be a fascinating case to follow. Thank you for coming to TED. It was a pleasure. Thank you very much. Thanks a lot.
這會是個有趣的例子。謝謝您來TED演講。這是我的榮幸。非常感謝。謝謝。