I want to ask you two questions.
我想請教您兩個問題。
The first one is about data, because I have the impression
第一個是關于數據,因為我總有個印象,
that technology and data are changing the way competition takes place and the way competition regulation is designed and enforced.
認為科技和數據正改變競爭發生的方式和競爭法規設計與執行的方式。
Can you maybe comment on that?
您能給些看法嗎?
Well, yes, it is definitely challenging us, because we both have to sharpen our tools but also to develop new tools.
是的,這確實是一大挑戰,因為我們必須讓我們的工具更先進,并同時開發新的工具。
When we were going through the Google responses to our statement of objection, we were going through 5.2 terabytes of data.
在處理谷歌對我們反對聲明的回應時,總共經手了5.2兆兆字節的數據。
It's quite a lot. So we had to set up new systems.
十分龐大。所以,我們必須設立新系統。
We had to figure out how to do this, because you cannot work the way you did just a few years ago.
我們必須找出辦法,因為你無法以幾年前的方式運作。
So we are definitely sharpening up our working methods.
所以我們必須精進工作的方式。
The other thing is that we try to distinguish between different kinds of data,
另一件事是,我們試著分辨不同種類的數據,
because some data is extremely valuable and they will form, like, a barrier to entry in a market.
因為有些數據非常可貴,會形成進入市場的阻礙。
Other things you can just -- it loses its value tomorrow.
其他一些數據--隔了一天就沒價值了。
So we try to make sure that we never, ever underestimate the fact that data works as a currency in the market
所以我們確保,我們知道數據就如市場中的貨幣,
and as an asset that can be a real barrier for competition.
也可能是阻礙競爭的資產。
Google. You fined them 2.8 billion euros a few months ago.
您幾個月前罰款谷歌28億歐元。
No, that was dollars. It's not so strong these days.
不,是美元。美元最近不怎么強勢。