Conversation A
對話A
Linda: Thank you for asking me to lunch, Alex.
琳達:阿萊克斯,感謝你邀請我來吃午飯。
Alex: You're welcome, Linda. What do you want to eat?
阿萊克斯:不用客氣,琳達。你想吃什么?
Linda: I want some noodles. What will you order?
琳達:我想吃些面條。你要點什么?
Alex: I'll get the pasta.
阿萊克斯:我要點意大利面。
Linda: Pasta and noodles are similar.
琳達:意大利面和面條很類似。
Alex: True. What is the difference between them?
阿萊克斯:的確。它們之間有什么區別?
Linda: I'm not sure. Oh, look! There's my friend James. Maybe he knows.
琳達:我不太確定。哦,看!那是我的朋友詹姆斯。也許他知道。
Alex: Who is James?
阿萊克斯:詹姆斯是誰?
Linda: He's the new weatherman.
琳達:他是新來的氣象播報員。
Conversation B
對話B
James: Hey, Linda!
詹姆斯:嗨,琳達!
Linda: Hi, James. This is Alex.
琳達:嗨,詹姆斯。這位是阿萊克斯。
James: It's nice to meet you, Alex. I don't want to interrupt your lunch.
詹姆斯:阿萊克斯,見到你很高興。我不想打擾你們的午餐。
Linda: Wait! Maybe you can help our discussion. What is the difference between pasta and noodles?
琳達:等等!也許你可以幫助解決我們的話題。意大利面和面條之間有什么區別?
James: Well, pasta is made from a special kind of wheat.
詹姆斯:恩,意大利面是由一種特殊的小麥制成的。
Linda: That's interesting. And noodles?
琳達:真有趣。那面條呢?
James: Noodles are made from many kinds of flour, rice and even some beans.
詹姆斯:面條是由許多種面粉、稻米甚至豆類制成的。