You'll hand it in as a written text.
你們要把書面報告交上來
20 to 30 minutes is about 10 to 15 pages of texts and this is what you'll ultimately hand in.
20到30分鐘的報告內容,大約要寫10到15頁,這是你們最終要交上來的
You'll give both a written text as well as slides.
既要交書面報告也要交幻燈片
We are not going to grade for how beautiful and how amazing your powerpoints...
我們不會因你的幻燈片有多漂亮多精彩而打分
But we do want you to hand in slides that will be the outline for your talk.
但我們希望你們能提交幻燈片,那將作為你們報告的大綱
Now the only part of this that will be actually graded is what you hand in at the end, meaning the text of your lecture.
打分的唯一部分是你最后提交的東西,也就是你的報告的文稿
However, in addition to that, the powerpoint will be graded pass/fail, meaning you have to do it.
但是除此,幻燈片是必選項,就是說必須做幻燈片
but you are not going to be graded for it, is to give the presentation to other people from your section.
但幻燈片不會參與打分,是給小組成員作的報告時用的

Those of you in extention school will give to other people in your community.
進修學院的同學將對社區的其他人作報告
The idea here is paying it forward.
這樣做是為了傳遞出去
Getting an idea and doing it. That's how I actually started my speaking career.
找到一個主題然后傳遞出去,我的演講生涯就是這樣開始的
I had a topic that I was personally interested and I gave it to the squash team.
我自己有個感興趣的主題,我給壁球隊作了演講
I talked about it. Just to people close to me.
我跟和我很親近的人講
And I had a topic and then that evolved over time. So we want you, for those of you who haven't had the experience
我有了一個主題,最后發展成演講。我們希望那些沒有經歷的同學
is to first of all synthesize material in the topic that you care about, that you think will make a difference in your life;
首先去綜合,你感興趣的主題的資料,那些能改變你人生的東西
and second to be able to pay it forward.
然后再傳遞出去