Take a minute twice a day to focus on what is going on around you
每天兩次花一分鐘時間留意周遭的一切
Take a minute when... on your way to class to look at the beautiful grass, the beautiful trees, the beautiful snow.
花一分鐘的時間,在上課的路上看看美麗的草地、青翠的樹,美麗的雪
Take a minute in the evening to reflect and think about the day you had, and to write down the things for which you are grateful.
晚上用一分鐘去回憶回想你度過的一天,寫下讓你心懷感激的事物
Today over lunch, just by a little bit slower than you do normally and taste, experience the taste. Because
今天午餐時,略比平時吃得慢些去品嘗,體驗品嘗的滋味。因為
it is a privilege to have the food that we have.
我們所吃的食物是種特權
It is a privilege to have the friends that we have. the family that we have.
朋友是我們的特權,家人是我們的特權
And we shouldn't take that privilege for granted.
我們不應視特權為理所當然
Because what we don't appreciate unfortunately depreciates.
因為我們不知欣賞的就會貶值
We don't need to wait for a threat, for a tragedy, for us to appreciate what's all around us and within us.
我們不需要經歷一次威脅,一出悲劇才去感激周遭和內心感受的一切

What reminds me constantly, my surrounding, the reminder that I have always in front of my eyes,
時刻提醒我的,我的周圍環境,時刻在我眼前提醒我的
is a picture of my family and particularly, of my grandmother in the middle.
是我家人的一張照片,特別是中間的祖母
And here's my grandfather who saw her coming in stooped, ill and took her into his arms. I have this picture in my office.
祖父看到她彎腰走進來,病倦不堪,他把她攬在懷中,我辦公室里放著這張照片
Looked at it all the time to remind me.
經常看它來提醒自己
I would have told you the story now which comes at the end of the lecture.
我本可以現在給你們講這個故事,原本安排在講座最后
But I know when I tell the story, it drains me so much. I don't think I would be able to go on.
但我知道講完故事,我會心力憔悴,我將無法繼續講座
So I told you at the end of the lecture last time.
所以我會在講座最后講這個故事
But this is my reminder.
但這是給了我一個提醒
This is what primes me, creating a positive environment — primes me and reminds me to be a benefit finder.
它激勵我創造一個積極的環境——激勵提醒我要作一個積極者