'I'm sure I've read about a case of Hippogriff-baiting,' said Hermione thoughtfully, 'where the Hippogriff got off.
“我肯定讀過一宗鷹頭馬身有翼獸的釣餌案件,”赫敏沉思著說,“在那個案子里,鷹頭馬身有翼獸沒事。
I'll look it up for you, Hagrid, and see exactly what happened.'
我替你找一下,海格,找到了就好好研究一下是怎么回事。”
Hagrid howled still more loudly.
海格更加響亮地嚎哭起來。
Harry and Hermione looked at Ron to help them.
哈利和赫敏看看羅恩,指望他來幫忙。
'Er — shall I make a cup of tea?' said Ron.
“哦——我來泡茶怎么樣?”羅恩說。
Harry stared at him.
哈利瞪著他。
'It's what my mum does whenever someone's upset,' Ron muttered, shrugging.
“有人情緒壞的時候,我媽就是這樣做的。”羅恩咕噥道,聳了聳肩。
At last, after many more assurances of help, with a steaming mug of tea in front of him,
最后,在他們又多次保證幫忙、面前又放上了一杯滾燙的茶以后,
Hagrid blew his nose on a handkerchief the size of a tablecloth and said,
海格才在一塊足有桌布那么大的手帕上擤了擤鼻子說:
'Yer right. I can' afford to go ter pieces. Gotta pull meself together...'
“你們說得對。我可不能垮了。一定要振作起來……”

Fang the boarhound came timidly out from under the table and laid his head on Hagrid's knee.
牙牙從桌子底下膽怯地走出來,把腦袋靠在海格的膝上。
'I've not bin meself lately,' said Hagrid, stroking Fang with one hand and mopping his face with the other.
“最近我一直不對勁,”海格說,一手撫著牙牙,另一只手摸著自己的臉,
'Worried abou' Buckbeak, an' no one likin' me classes —'
“擔心巴克比克,而且沒有人喜歡我的課……”
'We do like them!' lied Hermione at once.
“我們喜歡!”赫敏馬上說謊道。
'Yeah, they're great!' said Ron, crossing his fingers under the table. 'Er — how are the Flobberworms?'
“是啊,你的課真棒!”羅恩說,一面在桌子下面交叉手指告訴上帝自己是在說謊,“哦——弗洛伯毛蟲怎么樣了?”
'Dead,' said Hagrid gloomily. 'Too much lettuce.'
“死了,”海格陰郁地說,“萵苣吃得太多了。”
'Oh, no!' said Ron, his lip twitching.
“哦,不!”羅恩說,嘴唇顫動起來。
'An' them Dementors make me feel ruddy terrible an' all,' said Hagrid, with a sudden shudder.
“那幫攝魂怪也讓我心煩意亂,”海格說,身子突然一震,
'Gotta walk past 'em ev'ry time I want a drink in the Three Broomsticks. 'S like bein' back in Azkaban —'
“每次我想去三把掃帚喝酒就必須從它們面前走過,好像我又回到了阿茲卡班似的……”