So I ask, if you are a health care executive:
所以我問,如果你是醫療保健主管:
Do you know how many of your patients run out of food or struggle to pay the rent at the end of the month?
你知道你有多少病人缺乏食物或者月底付不起租金嗎?
Is that data on your scorecard, shaping your business and your bonuses?
這個數據在不在你的計分卡上,影響你的事業和獎金?
If you are a politician: Will you continue to fight on the scorched earth of health care, or will you act on what your voters,
如果你是個政治家:你會繼續在醫療保健的焦土上作戰,還是你會為你的選民的利益采取行動,
what Democratic and Republican voters alike, already know, which is that good wages, healthy food and safe housing are health?
為那些民主黨和共和黨選民共同的、已經知道的,即體面的薪水、健康的食物和安全的居住環境,就是健康而行動?
And for the rest of us, for the citizens of this country:
對于我們其他人來說,對于這個國家的公民來說:
Will we demand accountability to what we know to be true,
我們是否會要求對我們所知的事實負責,
which is that our common sense, our common experience, makes us the experts in what it takes to be healthy?
那就是我們的常識,我們的共同經歷,讓我們成為健康專家?
This moment, as it turns out, is not about changing minds.
這一刻,事實證明,這無關改變思想。
It is about something more powerful.
這事關更強大的事情。
It is about changing the questions we ask and quieting the noise to hear each other's answers.
這事關改變我們問的問題和安靜地聽彼此的答案。
It is about the radical possibility that we the patients, we the physicians, we the caregivers,
這事關根治的可能性,我們病人,我們醫生,我們護理人員,
we the health care executives and yes, even we the people, that we agree.
我們醫療健康主管還有甚至我們人民,我們所一致同意的。
And it is now time -- in fact, long overdue -- for us to marshal the courage to hear those answers and to act upon them. Thank you.
現在是時候了--其實,早該了--讓我們鼓起勇氣傾聽這些答案并付諸行動。謝謝。