地點:莫妮卡公寓
人物:喬伊、羅斯、錢德勒、莫妮卡、瑞秋、菲比
事件:喬伊接到經紀公司的電話,首次得到在大熒幕露面的機會。
劇情片段
Joey: My agent has just gotten me a job...in the new Al Pacino movie!
喬伊:我的經紀人剛剛給我安排了工作……我可以在阿爾·帕西諾的新片中演出了。
Monica: Well, what’s the part?
莫妮卡:演什么角色?
Joey: Can you believe this? Al Pacino! This guy’s the reason I became an actor! “I’m out of order? Pfeeeh. You’re out of order! This whole courtroom’s out of order!”1
喬伊:你們能相信嗎?是阿爾·帕西諾!我就是因為喜歡他才立志要當演員的!“我失控了,你也失控了,這整個法庭都失控了!”
Phoebe: Seriously, what—what’s the part?
菲比:言歸正傳,什么,什么角色?
Joey: “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!”2
喬伊:“正當我認為已出局時,他們卻又將我拉回!
Ross: C’mon, seriously, Joey, what’s the part?
羅斯:快老實說,喬伊,什么角色?
Joey: I’m his…
喬伊:我演他的……
Rachel: You’re, you’re “mahmahmah” what?
瑞秋:你是,你是“吶吶吶吶”什么?
Joey: I’m his butt double. Okay? I play Al Pacino’s butt. Alright? He goes into the shower, and then—I’m his butt.
喬伊:我是他臀部的替身,好了吧?我演阿爾·帕西諾的臀部,行了嗎?他走進浴室,然后,我就是他的屁股。
Monica: Oh my God3.
莫妮卡:天吶!
Joey: C’mon, you guys. This is a real movie, and Al Pacino’s in it, and that’s big!
喬伊:別這樣,這是一部阿爾·帕西諾主演的電影,是大制作!
Chandler: Oh no, it’s terrific, it’s... it’s... y’know, you deserve this, After all your years of struggling, you’ve finally been able to crack your way into show business.
錢德勒:哦,別誤會,這真是太棒了,這是……這是……你知道嗎,你應得的。這是你多年來努力的成果,你終于能登上大銀幕、進軍演藝界了!
v. 崩潰,失去控制,壓碎,使裂開,破解,開玩笑