地點:莫妮卡公寓
人物:菲比、羅斯、錢德勒、瑞秋、莫妮卡
事件:在大家一起看電視,錢德勒因為戒煙脾氣不好,菲比告知得到了汽水公司7000元的賠償。
劇情片段
Chandler: Ooh, Lambchop. How old is that sock? If I had a sock on my hand for thirty years it’d be talking too.1
錢德勒:哦,小羊排。那襪子到底有多舊了?要是我手上戴著襪子戴上三十年,它也會開始說話了。
Ross: Okay. I think it’s time to change① somebody’s nicotine patch.
羅斯:好吧,有人該換尼古丁貼片了。
Monica: Hey. Where’s Joey?
莫妮卡:嘿,喬伊去哪兒了?
Chandler: Joey ate my last stick of gum, so I killed him. Do you think that was wrong?2
錢德勒:喬伊吃了我的最后一片口香糖,所以我就把他殺了。你認為這樣不對嗎?
Rachel: I think he’s across the hall.②
瑞秋:我想他在對面。
Monica: Thanks.
莫妮卡:多謝。
Ross: There y’go.③
羅斯:換好了。
Chandler: Ooh, I’m alive with④ pleasure now.3
錢德勒:哦,我又重拾快樂的生活了。
Ross: Hey, Pheebs, you gonna have the rest of that Pop-Tart? Pheebs?
羅斯:嘿,菲比,你還想吃那個餅干嗎?菲比?
Phoebe: Does anyone want the rest of this Pop-Tart⑤?
菲比:誰想吃剩下的餅干?
Ross: Hey, I might!
羅斯:嘿,我可能想要!
Phoebe: Sorry. Y’know, those stupid soda people gave me seven thousand dollars for the thumb.
菲比:抱歉。你知道嗎,汽水公司那些笨蛋給了我7000元當姆指事件的補償金。
All: You’re kidding. Oh my God.
眾人:開玩笑吧!天啊!
Phoebe: And on my way over here, I stepped in gum. What is up with the universe?⑥4
菲比:然后在來這的路上我又踩到口香糖了。這世界到底怎么了?