Dialogue 1
Mark: This is the room we reserved for your meeting.
馬克:這間就是我們給會議預留的房間。
Jingjing: Thanks for taking care of everything。
京晶:感謝把一切都安排妥當了。
Mark. Let's have a look-see.
馬克:讓我們進去仔細再查看一下。
Mark: Oh, I didn't bring the key with me. I'll be back in five. Hang tough.
馬克:噢,我沒有帶鑰匙。我5分鐘后就回來。稍等我一下。
Jingjing: Uh, ok. I'll be right here, then.
京晶:噢,好的。那我就在這里等
Mark: Okay, so, let me try this key. Whew! There we go.
馬克:好的,讓我試試這把鑰匙。(發出松了一口氣的聲音)開了
Jingjing: How about we open some windows, it's awfully stuffy in here.
京晶:我們開點窗戶怎么樣,屋里簡直太悶了。
Mark: Only this one at the end of the room can be moved. Could you hold my coffee for me. I'll try to pry it open.
馬克:只有屋子盡頭這一扇能被推動。能幫我拿下咖啡嗎,我試下把它撬開。
Jingjing: Why don't you put your coffee down on the table. Oh, and where is the projector? Isn't there always one in the room?
京晶:為什么你不吧咖啡放在桌上呢。噢,投影儀在哪兒?這屋里不是一直有一臺嗎?
Mark: Nah, that's probably locked up in another room. You could give Rick a holler about it.
馬克:沒有啊,可能被鎖在另一個房間里了。你可以聯系下瑞克。
Jingjing: I don't have time to hunt him down. Do you know his extension?
京晶:我可沒功夫去找他。你知道他的分機號嗎?
Mark: Not off the top of my head. Check the directory.
馬克:我腦子里想不起來。查一查電話簿吧。
Jingjing: You're not much help, are you?
京晶:你這人有什么用,嗯?
Mark: Well, I only found out about this meeting before lunch today.
馬克:那什么,我午飯前才知道有這個會的。
Jingjing: And that didn't stop you from taking a full lunch break, right?
京晶:那也不妨礙你盡情地吃了個午餐啊!
Mark: Nope. I figured people were doing their job, keeping meeting rooms in good shape, and, if not, I could come back after lunch and make it my job—like I'm doing right now.
馬克:沒。我猜想有人已經在做他們該做的事,讓會議室一切都狀態完好,如果不是這樣的話,我午飯后回來再親自弄——就像我現在做的這樣。
Jingjing: Yeah, thanks for all your help.
京晶:是哈,真的要謝謝你所有的幫助了。
Mark: Are you being sarcastic?
馬克:你是在諷刺嗎?
Jingjing: Do you have to ask?
京晶:非要問?
New words : 習語短語
have a look-see 仔細查看
look at something, inspect it
hang tough 等等,耐心等
wait, without doing anything and without being impatient
stuffy 窒悶的
a room with no fresh air
pry something open 撬開,費力打開
open something with difficulty
give someone a holler 聯系某人,電話呀,信息,親自去找
contact someone, maybe trying a few different ways (phone, text, visiting)
hunt someone down 到處找找
find someone, especially when you have to check several places
(know something) off the top of my head know 憑頭腦記憶就知道,就能想起來
something without looking at printed information
sarcastic 諷刺的
saying the opposite of what you mean, in a mocking tone of voice
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Look, I really need you to get your head out of your backside and change your attitude.
京晶:你看,我真的需要你別再這么假裝置身事外了,改變下你的態度吧。
Mark: Hey, it's all good. I'll run and grab a projector, and you can set up things the way you like in here.
馬克:嘿,不挺好的嗎。我這就去拿投影儀,你可以在這里按你想要的方式來安排事情。
Jingjing: Fat chance! I've got to look over my presentation notes, then chat with people when they come in early. In less than an hour, I'm presenting at the meeting. Set-up is your job.
京晶:沒戲!我必須得看我的演講筆記,還要和早到的人聊天。不到一小時,我就要在會上發言了。安排是你的事!
Mark: Why don't you take a deep breath.
馬克:為什么不深呼吸一下呢?
Jingjing: You know what? I'm tired of dealing with you. Get this room ready for the meeting within 15 minutes, or I'll put in a bad report about you. Got it?
京晶:你知道嗎?我真的是很厭煩跟你打交道了。15分鐘內把房間給我收拾好了!否則,我要匯報你的罪狀,聽明白了嗎?
Mark: That sounds like a threat.
馬克:聽著像是一個威脅啊。
Jingjing: Well, that's what happens when your work is sloppy. Now, you know what to do.
京晶:當你把工作做得很爛時就是這個結果。現在你知道該做什么了吧。
Mark: Yeah, actually, I do.
馬克:是的。事實上我還真知道了。
Jingjing: This end of the room is already set up well. I'm going to open my computer here, and expect everything to be ready in another 10 minutes.
京晶:房間這頭已經安排好了。我要在這兒開電腦了,再有個10分鐘,期待一切妥當。
Mark: I thought you said 15.
馬克:我以為你說的15分鐘。
Jingjing: Now it's 14—make that 13.
京晶:現在,14,馬上13。
Mark: Okay, okay, Jingjing. I'll see to it. You just sit tight and I'll get this room up to spot.
馬克:好的,好的,京晶,我這就弄。你就放心坐等吧,我會把房間收拾好的。
Jingjing: Great. We're done arguing about it, right?
京晶:很好。那我們的爭執到此為止?
Mark: Yes. Sorry about the bad attitude. I'll let you focus on your presentation.
馬克:是的,抱歉剛才那個很差的態度。這就讓你專心準備演講。
Jingjing: Fantastic. Thanks, Mark.
京晶:好極了,多謝馬克。
Mark: Sure thing!
馬克:不客氣,沒事兒。
New words : 習語短語
get your head out of your backside 別再做出無能為力的樣子,從現在起做點正確的事
(family-friendly version of “get your head out of your ass”) stop acting incompetently and do things correctly from now on
Fat chance! 完全不可能!
That's not likely to happen!
sloppy 疏忽地,做得很差的,馬虎的,潦草的
carelessly and poorly done
sit tight 等等,不用操心,坐等
wait, without doing anything, knowing that something will be done by others