Dialogue 1
Mark: Well, Jingjing, we sure picked a nice day for a hike.
馬克:京晶。我們確定要挑個天氣好的日子去遠足。
Jingjing: Yeah, this reminds me of the time we went up to the Great Wall.
京晶:是啊。這讓我想起了我們登長城的日子。
Mark: Right. I can't believe a year has passed already since we got out of the city. This'll take us rather a lot longer to get to the top.
馬克:是的。我簡直不敢相信離我們出城去郊區走走已經過去一年了。這次要花比上次長得多的時間去登頂了。
Jingjing: How long is the climb?
京晶:爬個山要多久?
Mark: You know, I didn't time it when I was here before. I'm thinking a couple hours, three tops.
馬克:你知道,我之前來的時候也沒計算時間。我在想需要個幾小時吧,三個最多了。
Jingjing: We'd better get started, then. You lead the way.
京晶:我們最好現在就動身,然后,你來領路。
Mark: The trail is pretty steep at first, then it flattens out for a while.
馬克:山徑一開始非常陡峭,不久就會變得平坦一會兒。
Jingjing: Can we see the top from here?
京晶:從這兒能看到山頂嗎?
Mark: We can see the ridge. We won't see the summit until we get up there.
馬克:我們能看到山脊。我們得上到那兒以后才能看到山頂。
Jingjing: Ok, then. Let's pace ourselves.
京晶:好的。那,我們徐徐前進吧,不用很趕。
Mark: You're packing water, right?
馬克:你帶水了吧?
Jingjing: Now you ask me? What would you do if I said I didn't have any?
京晶:現在你問我?如果我說我沒有你怎么辦?
Mark: I think there's some for sale at the village up ahead, but I'm not sure. I only saw that small canteen of yours.
馬克:我想前面的村莊應該有賣的吧,但我不確定。我只看見了你的小水罐。
Jingjing: Not to worry. I have four or five bottles in my backpack. That's what's making it so heavy.
京晶:不用擔心。我背包里有四五瓶水。這就是包那么重的原因。
Mark: Ok. If your shoulders get tired, we could switch. But mine is pretty heavy too.
馬克:好的,如果你的肩太累了,我們可以換著背,但我的包也很沉。
Jingjing: I'm just glad to be out of the concrete jungle, and glad we have some cool-but-not-cold weather for our climb.
京晶:我真是覺得能走出城市的鋼鐵叢林是一種快樂,同時也覺得很開心這爬山的天氣涼而不冷正合適。
New words : 習語短語
time (v) 計算時間
pay attention to how long something takes
summit 山頂,山峰
the highest point on a mountain
pace ourselves
不要走太快,以節省體力
don't walk too quickly, save some energy
concrete jungle
水泥森林,指城市
the city, without green spaces
Dialogue 2
Later, Jingjing and Mark are more than
halfway up.
一會兒后,京晶和馬克已經走了一半多的路程了
Jingjing: Mark, you said the summit is just over this ridge. Is that it, way over there?
京晶:馬克,你說過了這個山脊就是山頂了,那個是嗎?那邊那個?
Mark: Yep. We still have a ways to go. It's only steep in a few places.
馬克:是的。我們還有好一段路要走呢。只有少數地方比較陡了。
Jingjing: I bet the view is great, though. We can already see a lot from here.
京晶:但我打賭風景一定棒極了。我們從這兒已經能看到好多了。
Mark: We'll be looking down on this ridge in a half an hour or so. Would you like to take a breather here?
馬克:半個小時左右我們就能俯瞰這條山脈了。你想在這里停下歇口氣嗎?
Jingjing: Nope. If it's just a half an hour, I'm all for getting to the top. There's a place to sit up there, right?
京晶:不了。如果還有半個小時就能到,我完全愿意直接走到登頂。山頂那兒也有地方坐下休息吧?
Mark: Sure. There's a deck. Let's talk more once we get there.
馬克:當然,有塊地面。等到達后我們再說別的。
Jingjing: Wow, that was worth it. We can see Beijing from here.
京晶:哇哦,這一趟太值得了,在這里我們能看見北京。
Mark: I'm about ready to eat. I didn't notice how hungry I was until we stopped.
馬克:我準備要吃點東西了。我都沒注意到我有多么餓直到我們停下來。
Jingjing: Here's what I have. Did you bring much.
京晶:我的吃的都在這。你帶得多嗎?
Mark: You bet. Help yourself.
馬克:那必須的。你自便。
Jingjing: Great. So, are we going to go down the same way we came up?
京晶:好極了。我們下去的時候也是上來這條路嗎?
Mark: We could. There's a gentler way, but it's a lot longer.
馬克:可以啊。有一條輕松點兒的路,但是要走得更久一些。
Jingjing: Oh, now you tell me. My feet are aching.
京晶:噢,現在你告訴我(為何不早說?),我的腳正疼呢。
Mark: Then it's better to go down the long way. I haven't hiked in a while either. The climb took a lot out of me.
馬克:這樣的話最好從那條長路走下去了,我也很長時間沒有在山里行走了。爬這趟山真是把我累得。
Jingjing: Ha ha. Let's not talk about hiking for now.
京晶:哈哈。那我們現在先暫時別提遠足這檔子事了。
New words : 習語短語
breather 歇息
a break, stopping to catch one's breath
all for 完全同意選擇做某事
totally in favor of
took a lot out of me
令人勞累,體力透支
made me exhausted, used up all of my energy/talent