They had a very enjoyable lesson.
這一課上得很愉快。
Professor Lupin had brought along a glass box containing a Hinkypunk,
盧平教授帶來了一個玻璃水箱,里面是欣克龐克,
a little one-legged creature who seemed as though he was made of wisps of smoke, rather frail and harmless-looking.
一條腿的家伙,看上去像是一縷縷的煙做成的,很脆弱,而且看上去也沒有想傷害人的樣子。
'Lures travellers into bogs, ' said Professor Lupin, as they took notes.
“引誘旅行者陷入沼澤。”盧平教授說,學生們記著筆記。
'You notice the lantern dangling from his hand? Hops ahead — people follow the light — then —'
“你們注意到它前腳上垂下的那盞燈了嗎?在前面跳躍——人們跟著光走——于是——”
The Hinkypunk made a horrible squelching noise against the glass.
欣克龐克頭頂玻璃,發出一陣可怕的咯吱咯吱的聲音。
When the bell rang, everyone gathered up their things and headed for the door, Harry amongst them, but —
下課鈴響了,大家收拾好東西向門口走去,哈利也在其中,但是——
'Wait a moment, Harry,' Lupin called, 'I'd like a word.'
“等一下,哈利,”盧平招呼他,“我有話要跟你說。”
Harry doubled back and watched Professor Lupin covering the Hinkypunk's box with a cloth.
哈利折了回來。看著盧平教授把裝有欣克龐克的盒子蒙上了一層布。
'I heard about the match,' said Lupin, turning back to his desk and starting to pile books into his briefcase,
“我聽說那場比賽的事了,”盧平說著,轉身到講臺桌上把書裝到他的公文包里,
'and I'm sorry about your broomstick. Is there any chance of fixing it?'
“你的飛天掃帚的事我也很遺憾。還能修嗎?”

'No,' said Harry. 'The tree smashed it to bits.'
“不能了,”哈利說,“那棵樹把它打得粉碎。”
Lupin sighed. 'They planted the Whomping Willow the same year that I arrived at Hogwarts.
盧平嘆了口氣。“我到霍格沃茨的那一年,他們種了這棵樹。
People used to play a game, trying to get near enough to touch the trunk.
人們過去時常玩一種游戲。就是試著去碰那棵樹。
In the end, a boy called Davey Gudgeon nearly lost an eye, and we were forbidden to go near it.
最后,一個叫做戴維格杰恩的男孩幾乎丟掉了一只眼睛,后來就不讓我們走近那棵樹了。
No broomstick would have a chance.'
飛天掃帚當然不能幸免啦。”
'Did you hear about the Dementors, too?' said Harry with difficulty.
“你也聽說了那些攝魂怪嗎?”
Lupin looked at him quickly.
盧平迅速看了他一眼。
'Yes, I did. I don't think any of us have seen Professor Dumbledore that angry.
“對,聽說了。我想,我們誰也沒有見過鄧布利多教授那樣發怒。