I came back to England looking for British grandmothers.
我回到英國找當地的老太太們。
I put out notices in papers saying, if you are a British grandmother, if you have broadband and a web camera, can you give me one hour of your time per week for free?
我張貼了布告,寫到:如果您是一位英國的老奶奶,如果你有寬帶和攝像頭,能不能每周免費給我一小時?
I got 200 in the first two weeks. I know more British grandmothers than anyone in the universe.
頭兩周我就招來了200號人。我認識的英國老奶奶數量比這世界上任何人認識的都多。
They're called the Granny Cloud. The Granny Cloud sits on the Internet.
她們被成為“云外婆”。云外婆們安坐在網絡上。
If there's a child in trouble, we beam a Gran.
要是哪個孩子有了麻煩,我們就呼叫外婆。
She goes on over Skype and she sorts things out.
她會通過Skype搞定。
I've seen them do it from a village called Diggles in northwestern England, deep inside a village in Tamil Nadu, India, 6,000 miles away.
我在一個叫Diggles的村子見過這種事,那是在英格蘭西北部,到印度深處的泰米爾納德邦的另一個村子,兩者相距6千英里。
She does it with only one age-old gesture. "Shhh." Okay?
她只做了一個十分古老的手勢?!皣u……”行了嗎?
Watch this.
請看。
You can't catch me. You say it. You can't catch me.
你抓不到我。你說一遍。你抓不到我。
You can't catch me.
你抓不到我。
I'm the Gingerbread Man. I'm the Gingerbread Man.
我是姜餅人。我是姜餅人。
Well done! Very good.
棒極了!非常好。
So what's happening here?
這里邊發生了什么?
I think what we need to look at is we need to look at learning as the product of educational self-organization.
我想我們需要考慮的是,我們要考慮把學習視作自主教育的產物。
If you allow the educational process to self-organize, then learning emerges.
允許教育過程自主化,就引發了學習。
It's not about making learning happen. It's about letting it happen.
這不是強制它發生。而是誘導它發生。
The teacher sets the process in motion and then she stands back in awe and watches as learning happens.
老師啟動這個過程,然后她敬畏地退到后面,觀察學習的發生。
I think that's what all this is pointing at.
這就是所有這些的目的。
But how will we know? How will we come to know?
但我們怎樣學習?我們怎樣意識到去學習?
Well, I intend to build these Self-Organized Learning Environments.
唔,我傾向于構建這樣的自主學習環境。
They are basically broadband, collaboration and encouragement put together. I've tried this in many, many schools.
基本上由網絡鏈接,協作,以及激勵組成。我在許許多多學校里嘗試過這套東西。