And because there is so much more good in the world, it's so much more common, we adapt to it.
因為世界上有很多好事,好事太平常了,我們就習慣了
We stop seeing it after a while, whereas the bad, the exception always captures our attention. Why?
我們就再也看不到好事,而壞事,是一種反常,總能吸引到我們的注意力,為什么
Because nature create us such that we are changed detecters.
因為大自然把我們造就成這樣,我們是變化探測器
We are changed detecters. And whenever there is a change, our mind immediately goes to that change.
我們是變化探測器,當有變化發生時,我們的頭腦就馬上專注于變化上
Something different that happens, whether it's something we see,
有些不同的事發生了,不管是我們看見
or something we hear for those of you who were asleep.
還是聽見這是給那些睡著的同學聽的
It's the exception that wakes us up. And that's a good thing.
使我們驚醒的是反常,適應性是好事
It's a good thing that nature creates us that way. Because it helps us in case of danger.
大自然把我們造就成這樣是好事,因為它能幫我們逃離險境
Because it helps us for example, hear when there is a lion coming toward us or trying to creep up toward us.
例如,當我們聽到有獅子向我們走來,或者想悄悄接近我們時

It helps us smell poison.
它能幫我們聞到毒味
Something that is different, that changed.
一些不同的事,發生了變化的事
It also helps us hear a sleeping baby it's incredible how this works.
還幫我們聽到熟睡的寶寶的動靜,這太厲害了
Fast asleep- you know there, there can be- the house may be falling.
沉睡時,你知道,可能房子塌下來了
You don't get up, but there is a baby crying and you are up in a second.
但你不會醒來,但如果寶寶在哭,你就會馬上醒來
We are change detectors. And nature created us such or God has created us such so that we can survive better.
我們都是變化探測器,大自然把我們造就成這樣,或者說上帝把我們造成這樣,讓我們能更好地生存
Now it's actually a good thing that we adapt on a few levels. First of all, if we didn't adapt,
某些程度上來說,適應性是好事,首先,如果我們不適應
if we are hearing all the noises, we will quite literally go nuts
我們就會聽到各種各樣的吵聲,我們會變瘋的
Because there are so many noises right now going on in addition to what you are listening to.
因為我們現在周圍有很多嘈雜聲,除了我們在聽的聲音外