To me, walking upside down on all fours is as easy as walking on two feet.
對我來說,手腳并用倒著走路和用兩條腿走路一樣輕松。
It's not scary or frightening to me in the least.
對我來說,那樣走路一點兒都不可怕,一點兒都不嚇人。
I've always been flexible.
我身體的柔韌性一直很好。
But not just a little bit flexible, I'm really flexible.
而且好得不是一點半點,是非常好。
Little did I know that this ability was, in fact, the talent that would change my life completely.
其實,我以前是不知道我的這種能力會徹底改變我的生活的。
I'm Troy James, and I'm a creature actor.
我是特洛伊·詹姆斯,我是一名生物演員。
I play creatures on TV and movies that move in ways that make the audience squirm.
我在影視劇作品中扮演走路姿態會讓觀眾非常不安的生物。
My talent is that all of my joints- my legs, my arms, my shoulders, my fingers- they just bend however I want them to.
我的天賦是我所有的關節 - 我的腿,手臂,肩膀,手指 - 能夠想怎么彎曲就怎么彎曲。
So if you need an alien, a demon, or a nonhuman creature that doesn't move in the ways that normal human people do, that's when you call me.
所以,如果您需要一個外星人,一個惡魔,或一個不會像普通人一樣行動的非人類生物,那你就是時候給我打電話了。
It looks like what I do is extremely painful. Really, it doesn't hurt at all.
我的工作看起來會非常痛苦。但實際上一點兒都不痛苦。
I don't know why I am as flexible as I am.
我也不知道我的身體為什么這么靈活。
It's just something I was born with.
反正生來就這樣。
I'm the only one in my family who can bend his arms and legs the way I do.
我是我們家唯一一個能把手和腳彎曲成這樣的。
I didn't think it was that strange until other kids told me it was, but they weren't very nice about it.
之前我并不覺得這奇怪,直到別的孩子這么跟我說以后,但他們對此的反應并不是很友好。
And I remember being very embarrassed and I hid it away
我記得我那個時候非常尷尬,之后我就變得很低調,
because what makes you different when you're growing up isn't something to be proud of.
因為成長的過程中,讓我與眾不同的東西并不是值得我驕傲的東西。
I hid it for a long time.
我低調了很長一段時間。

But that all changed when I got a job as an amusement park ride operator.
但是,當我找了一份在游樂園當設施操作員的工作后,一切都變了。
It was a hot day, the ride was down for some reason or another, the guests were getting kind of ornery,
那天天氣很熱,游樂園的項目又不知道為什么停了,大家免不了變得焦躁起來,
and I thought, why don't I show them what I can do?
然后我就想,何不給他們展示一下我的特長呢?
And I went up and down the line making really cool shapes with my body, and it was a hit.
然后我就沿著隊伍來來回回擺了一些非常酷的造型,結果大家的反響非常熱烈。
And that was the first time I'd gotten that sort of positive reaction from other people, showcasing my talent.
那是我第一次跟別人展示我的特長得到了積極反響。
I never thought my ability was anything more than a really cool party trick.
我從未想過我的技能除了成為一個非常酷的派對小把戲,還能做什么。
My friend put his camera up to me and said, "Show me something cool."
是我朋友把相機放在我面前,說:“露兩手露兩手。”
Then he posted it on the internet, and all of a sudden, my phone started ringing.
之后他把視頻放到了網上,突然之間,我的手機響起來了。
I started getting calls to be cast in TV shows, and I didn't look back.
我開始接到邀請我去拍電視的電話,從此便開啟了新的生活。
If you had told me a year ago, I was going to be an actor, I would've laughed at you.
如果換作是一年前,你跟我說我能當演員,我肯定會笑話你。
But after some of my performances, people have told me that it's not just the way I move my body that's effective, it's the acting behind it.
但我表演幾次之后,觀眾告訴我,不僅僅是我身體移動的方式能給人深刻的印象,更重要的是那些方式背后的表演。
I bring a reaction to the audience. I can thrill them, so to speak.
我的表演能帶動觀眾的反應。可以說是激動人心的表演。
Coming from a place where you were ostracized as I was as a child, I can bring that out as a creature.
生長在一個排斥你的環境里,就像我小時候一樣,表演的時候我能夠把這種情緒表達出來。
It's interesting that something that I hid for so long is now taking me places that I never imagined I would go.
有趣的是,我隱藏了這么長時間的東西現在正帶著我走向我以前想都不敢想的地方。
I believe everyone has a super power.
我相信,每個人都有超能力。
And you may not know it's a super power,
你可能并沒有意識到那是一種超能力,
but if it's something that you're passionate about that makes you happy,
但只要是你熱愛并且能夠給你帶來快樂的,
I think sharing it with the world may not be such a bad idea after all.
我想,分享給大家或許也不是一個很壞的主意。