Getting your car washed is normally a bit of a chore,
洗車通常是件苦差事,
but here in Northridge people are getting more car washes than necessary.
但在北嶺市,人們洗車的頻率超出了必要的次數。
And that's because of something delicious lurking inside.
那是因為洗車場里藏著美食。
They always say, what? Inside a car wash? How come? What happened? How did you get here?
大家都會問我,什么?洗車場?怎么回事?發生了什么?你怎么把餐廳開到洗車場里了?
It's really funny because nobody would think that we are here.
真的很有趣,因為大家都沒想到我們會搬到這里。
I'm Lilian, and I'm the owner of Lilian's Bread & Sweets. And we're located inside a car wash.
我是麗蓮,麗蓮家面包甜食店就是我開的。我們的店就在洗車場內。
Lilian opened her restaurant in the car wash for one simple reason.
麗蓮之所以要把餐廳開在這里,原因很簡單。
She knew that being located in a car wash would provide food traffic and some new clients.
她知道開在洗車場就能夠獲得顧客,還有新客。
When you walk into Cruiser's,
走進Cruiser洗車場的時候,
you are confronted by the smells of Little Tree air fresheners, steering wheel covers, and other car cleaning paraphernalia,
大家會聞到Little Tree牌空氣清新劑的味道,方向盤套的味道,還有其他汽車清潔用具的氣味,
but you are also confronted with the smell of home-cooked Filipino food.
但你也會聞到菲律賓家常美食的味道。
Filipino food is simple but delicious.
菲律賓料理簡單,但美味。
We eat a lot of pork, chicken, and beef and rice of course.
我們菲律賓人最常食用的是豬肉,雞肉,牛肉和米飯。
We cannot eat our food without rice.
對我們來說,一頓飯沒有米飯就食不下咽。
We are famous for our halo-halo.
我們家的招牌是哈啰哈啰刨冰。

Our halo-halo, they always say, is the best in the west.
他們總是說,我們的哈啰哈啰刨冰是整個西方世界最好的吃的。
It is to die for.
好吃到值得為之付出生命。
As someone who ate three halo-halos in 24 hours, I can attest, it's really great.
作為一個24小時內吃了三次的人,我可以證明,他們家的刨冰真心不錯。
Filipino food tends to be overlooked internationally,
在國際上,菲律賓美食通常都被大家忽視了,
but it's gearing up to be the next big thing in the culinary world.
但它正準備崛起,成為烹飪界未來的明星。
On average, in a day we sell about 300 meals.
我們平均每天能賣出差不多300份。
Cooking is really a passion for me, yeah.
對我來說,烹飪是一種熱愛,沒錯。
Because if you are not passionate with what you're doing,
因為不熱愛你所做的事情,
then you won't be able to succeed.
你是不會成功的。
I'm really so grateful and thankful that I have my team because without them I am nothing.
我真的非常感激和感謝我的團隊,因為沒有他們,我什么都不是。
I think that's my secret.
他們就是我成功的秘訣吧。
So the next time you treat yourself to a car wash,
所以,下次大家去洗車場犒勞自己的時候,
you can splurge on more than just a pine-scented air freshener.
除了大方購買松香味兒空氣清新劑,
You can splurge on that empanada-scented plate of Filipino food,
大家還可以肆意享受散發著恩潘納達風味的菲律賓美食,
guaranteed to make your car smell better than a little air freshener ever could.
保證你愛車里的味道比噴了空氣清新劑好得不是一點半點兒。