I was amazed. I felt like Marco Polo.
我很驚訝。我覺得自己就像是馬可波羅。
And to capture the moment, I said to Xuelin,
為了捕捉這一刻,我對雪琳說,
I said do you think that they will be OK if we actually took a photograph, a photograph.
你認為他們會愿意拍一張照片嗎?
I thought hang on, they will get a little bit worry, perhaps they don't know what a camera is,
我一直覺得他們會有一點擔心,也許他們不知道相機是什么,
let alone the camera can now be found on the phone.
更不用說在手機上的相機了。
And so they all lined up and Xuelin ask him to take a photograph and they took a photograph with her phone.
他們都站好隊,雪琳用自己的手機給他們拍了一張照片。
And this was an amazing time.
這是一個驚人的時刻。
I thought I will give talks about this, just this experience in Shenjiatun for many many years to come.
我想我會在許多年后談到自己在沈家屯的經歷。
And then as the photograph has finished, everybody, including the old man,
拍完照片后每個人,包括那個老人,
pulled out their smart phones and started to go to Shelin to ask her for her QS code,
都拿出自己的智能手機,開始問雪琳的微信號,
so they could join her WeChat group and get copies of the photograph.
想要加她微信,接收照片。
I thought that were amazed.
我感到很驚訝。
But to me it was the perfect beautiful illustration of the ancient and the modern,
但對我來說這是古代與現代的完美勾勒,
the old and the new resting together here in China. It was an extraordinary thing.
新舊事物共存于中國。這是一件非同尋常的事。