Conversation A
對話A
Susie: So, your great-aunt is one of your grandparents' siblings?
蘇西:那么,你的姑奶奶是你爺爺奶奶的姐妹嗎?
Ben: Yes. Great-aunt Pippa is my grandma's sister.
本:是的。皮帕姑奶是我祖母的姐姐。
Susie: Your maternal grandmother or your paternal grandmother?
蘇西:是你的姥姥還是你的奶奶那邊的?
Ben: My paternal grandmother. She is my dad's mom.
本:是我奶奶那邊的。也就是我爸爸的母親那邊的。
Susie: I see. So, Great-aunt Pippa is your father's mother's sister.
蘇西:我懂了。所以皮帕姑奶是你爸爸的媽媽的姐姐。
Ben: That's correct. And everyone in my family loves Great-aunt Pippa!
本:沒錯。我們家族中每個人都很愛戴皮帕姑奶!
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: What will you do with your family this weekend, Linda?
阿萊克斯:琳達,這周末你和你的家人要做什么?
Linda: My sister wants to go to the mall on Saturday.
琳達:我的姐姐周六想要去商場。
Alex: Oh, I'm going there on Saturday, too!
阿萊克斯:哦,我周六也要去那里!
Linda: Who are you going with?
琳達:你和誰一起呢?
Alex: I'm going alone. I just need to buy a few things.
阿萊克斯:我自己去。我只需要買很少的東西。
Linda: Well, maybe we can have lunch together. Then you can meet my family.
琳達:恩,也許我們能一起吃午飯。這樣你就能見到我的家人了。
Conversation C
對話C
Rob: What do your friends talk about at brunch, Taylor?
羅布:泰勒,你的朋友在早午餐上都談了什么?
Taylor: Well, we usually just catch up. We talk about our lives.
泰勒:恩,我們通常就是聊聊近況。我們會談談我們的生活。
Rob: That's nice. It's good to share with friends.
羅布:那不錯。和朋友分享是一件很好的事情。
Taylor: Yes, I appreciate my friends. They help me with my problems.
泰勒:是的,我很感謝我的朋友。他們幫我解決了困難。
Rob: It's important to have good friends.
羅布:有好朋友是很重要的。
Taylor: And it's always nice to have a good meal!
泰勒:并且吃一頓大餐也總是極好的!