Conversation A
對話A
Susie: What are you writing, Ben?
蘇西:本,你在寫什么?
Ben: I'm writing a birthday card for my great-aunt.
本:我再給我的嬸祖母寫生日賀卡。
Susie: How old is she?
蘇西:她今年多大歲數(shù)了?
Ben: She's 95.
本:她今年95了。
Susie: Wow! That's pretty ancient.
蘇西:哇!年紀真大啊。
Ben: Yes. She's very healthy. She walks her two dogs every day.
本:是的。她非常健康。她每天會去遛她的兩只狗。
Susie: That's great! What's your great-aunt's name?
蘇西:真厲害!你嬸祖母的名字是什么?
Ben: Philippa. But everyone calls her Pippa.
本:菲利帕。不過大家都叫她皮帕。
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: Hey, Linda. What are you doing this weekend?
阿萊克斯:嗨,琳達。你這周末打算做什么?
Linda: Hi, Alex. My parents and elder sister are visiting.
琳達:嗨,阿萊克斯。我的父母和我姐姐要來。
Alex: That's nice. How often do you visit your family?
阿萊克斯:真好。你通常多久去看你的家人一次?
Linda: I visit my parents every two months. But my sister visits more often.
琳達:我每兩個月回去看望我父母一次。但是我的姐姐去得更頻繁。
Alex: Do you and your sister look alike?
阿萊克斯:你和你姐姐長得像嗎?
Linda: Yes, we do look alike.
琳達:是的,我們長得很像。
Conversation C
對話C
Taylor: Hey, Rob. I'm not working tomorrow morning.
泰勒:嗨,羅布。我明天早上不去上班了。
Rob: OK. What are you doing?
羅布:好的。你要做什么?
Taylor: I'm having brunch with some friends.
泰勒:我要和我的一些朋友去吃早午餐。
Rob: Oh, that's fun. Brunch is a great meal.
羅布:哦,那很有意思啊。早午餐是很豐盛的一頓飯。
Taylor: It's part breakfast...
泰勒:早午餐是部分早餐...
Rob: And part lunch! You can eat both meals at once.
羅布:加上部分午餐!你可以一次吃兩頓飯。
Taylor: Exactly! I meet my friends for brunch every month.
泰勒:沒錯!我每個月都會和我朋友共進早午餐。