This Great Big Story was made possible by Wells Fargo, established 1852, re-established 2018.
感謝初創于1852年,重組于2018年的富國銀行(Wells Fargo)對本期節目的大力支持。
Almost every nationality on the planet is represented in the neighborhoods of Queens, New York,
世界各國在紐約的皇后區都能找到自己的代表,
which means the streets are lined with food from around the world.
換句話說,這里的街道遍地都是來自世界各地的美食。
And if there's one man who's tried them all, it's this guy.
如果有人曾經吃遍這里的每一家餐廳,那就是這個哥們兒。
Don't be fooled by his slight frame.
大家別被他瘦小的體型給騙了。
He spent the last 20 years unearthing every hidden gem this side of the East River.
他用了20年代的時間去發掘東河這邊的每一個隱藏的瑰寶。
We're here in downtown Flushing,
我們現在在市中心的法拉盛廣場,
and there's all sorts of things here, including Soy Bean Chen Flower Shop, which is, of course, a florist.
這里的商店琳瑯滿目,有999花城,這當然是一個花店了。
But you might wonder why Soy Bean is in the name,
但你可能好奇為什么店的英文名里有“大豆”這個詞,
and that's because they sell douhua, or fresh flower tofu, wonderful, warm, custardy tofu right out of this window.
那是因為他們除了賣花,還會在這個窗口賣豆花,新鮮的豆腐花兒,美味而溫暖還帶有奶油味兒的豆腐。
I love this one. It's really...What a great breakfast.
我喜歡喝豆花兒,真的非常……拿這個當早餐巴適慘喔。
Hi, Joe. Sawadika. Cherry, my sister. How are you? It's good.
嗨,喬。你好。綺莉妹妹。今天怎么樣?挺好的。
Pata Paplean specializes in Thai boat noodles, and it's a really funky Thai bar with this crazy decor, and the owner's on a trip.
Pata Paplean這家店的特色是泰國船面,這是一個非常時髦的泰式酒吧,裝飾非常奇葩,而且這家店的主人特逗。
Where did you learn how to make the boat noodles?
你是從哪里學會做這個船面的?

I used to cook with my mom when I was in Thailand before I moved to New York.
搬來紐約之前,我在泰國的時候和我媽媽學過做飯。
And then, no other place that make it in New York. Aha. So it was out of necessity...That's why I-- Yeah, that's why I try to make it in here.
而紐約又沒有人做。原來是這樣啊,所以也是因為需要才做的是吧——沒錯,就是因為這樣我才開始賣這個的。
One of my favorite Tibetan restaurants, Lhasa Fast Food,
我最喜歡的藏族餐廳,拉薩快餐
is nestled in-between You and Me Wireless and Little Myanmar Mini Mart, one of the best places for Tibetan Beef Momos.
坐落在你和我無線商店和小緬甸迷你超市之間,吃藏族牛肉饃饃來這里最合適不過了。
If you think you're lost on the way in, just look for the prayer flags.
如果你走著走著覺得自己迷路了,那就順著風馬旗往里面走就是了。
What makes the Moma unique is the masala, or seasoning, that's in there.
他們家的饃饃特別就特別在它里面有馬沙拉這種香料。
So you find Sichuan peppercorn, ginger, celery, onion.
有四川的花椒,有生姜,芹菜,還有洋蔥。
I like to think of them as the hamburgers of the Himalayas, and I mean that as a compliment.
我喜歡把它們當成是喜馬拉雅漢堡,這是我對它的贊美之詞。
The reason that places like this resonate with me is because they're not trying to make it the next it thing, the next Instagram food.
這種地方之所以能夠引起我的共鳴,是因為他們并沒有試圖把自己的美食變成下一種流行美食或網紅美食
It's just like, "Hey, this is what we make back home. If you like it, too, come on in."
他們好像在對你說,“嘿,我們老家就吃這個,你要是也喜歡,那就進來坐坐吧。”
Queens has everything.
皇后區什么都有。
Go explore the neighborhood and find what's out there.
多去街頭巷尾轉一轉,看看有什么可吃的。
It's super easy, accessible, delicious, and people are a lot more welcoming and open than you might think.
這種方法非常簡單,也很方便,那些美食都非常好吃,人也比你想象的更熱情,更開放。