Conversation A
對話A
Ben: Hey, Susie. Do you want half of this cinnamon roll? It's really big. I can't eat it all.
本:嗨,蘇西。你想吃這半個肉桂卷嗎?它真的太大了,我吃不了。
Susie: Really? I don't believe you. You can eat a lot!
蘇西:真的嗎?我可不信你。你很能吃的!
Ben: I know. But I can share it with you.
本:是啊。但是我要和你一起分享啊。
Susie: Thanks. But I don't want half. Just give me a small piece.
蘇西:謝謝。但是我不想吃一半。給我一小塊兒就行。
Ben: OK. It is a really good cinnamon roll!
本:好吧。這個肉桂卷真的很棒!
Conversation B
對話B
Rob: Hi, Ben. Is that a newspaper?
羅布:嗨,本。那是一張報紙嗎?
Ben: Yes. I am reading it. Do you want to read some?
本:是的。我在看呢。你想看嗎?
Rob: Can I have the sports section, please?
羅布:能給我看看體育版嗎?
Ben: Sure. But give it back to me. Then I can read it, too.
本:當然。但是要還給我。我也要讀呢。
Rob: Of course. Everyone likes the sports section. There isn't any bad news in it.
羅布:當然。所有人都喜歡體育版。上面沒有任何的不好的消息。
Ben: Sometimes there is. Your favorite team can lose. That's bad news!
本:有時候也有。比如你最喜歡的球隊會輸球。那可是個糟糕的消息!
Conversation C
對話C
Linda: Hi, Susie. Do you want part of my pizza?
琳達:嗨,蘇西。你想要來一點兒這個披薩嗎?
Susie: OK, thanks. I am a little hungry.
蘇西:好啊,謝謝。我有一點兒餓了。
Linda: I can only eat about a third of it. You can have the rest of it.
琳達:我只能吃三分之一。你可以把剩下的吃掉。
Susie: Thanks. But I only want a slice or two. You can take the rest back to the office.
蘇西:謝謝。但是我也只能吃一兩片。你可以把剩下的帶回辦公室。
Linda: Good idea. One of the guys can eat it.
琳達:好主意。可以給那些家伙吃。