日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語視頻聽力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

賭城拉斯維加斯不為人知的一面

來源:可可英語 編輯:hepburn ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This is a giant praying mantis.

這是一只巨型螳螂。
It's located here, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
位于這里,內華達的拉斯維加斯。
But it's not located on the strip, the place that most people think of when they think Vegas.
但它并不在一提到維加斯大多數人都會想到的拉斯維加斯大道上。
Today, we're venturing off the beaten path with the help of three people.
今天,我們就有請我們的三位向導,帶領我們避開人滿為患的那些景點。
Hi. Hi. Hi.
大家好。大家好。大家好。
To three places that are single-handedly keeping Vegas weird.
去探訪還在為維持維加斯另類的一面單槍匹馬奮斗的三個地方。
This is Tim Arnold.
這位是提姆·阿諾德。
He's the director of stuff and things at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas.
拉斯維加斯彈珠名人堂管著管那的主任。
Pinball Hall of Fame is an old auto parts store with a bunch of pinball machines we dug out of dumpsters.
彈珠名人堂賣廢舊的汽車零部件,還有我們從垃圾桶里掏出來的一大堆彈珠游戲機。
No, no, no, it's a marvelous museum full of antique treasures
不,不,不,這是一個充滿各種古董珍寶的奇妙博物館,
that have been lovingly restored to their original condition that we actually let the public come in and play.
通過精心的修復,如今這個博物館已經恢復了原來的模樣,大家也可以進來玩。
We have games from the '30s on up to today's modern games.
從30年代以來的游戲我們都有。
I've seen people walking down an aisle full of pinball machines and they'll stop dead.
我看到大家經過到處都是彈珠游戲機的過道時,他們整個人都走不動道了。
I. I. I.The first time I kissed a girl was, I was playing that game, and I can't believe it's here again!
我我我,我第一次跟一個女孩接吻就是在玩兒這個游戲的時候接的,簡直不敢相信這個游戲機竟然還在!
This is not something that can be digitized and sent down the pipes on the internet.
這種游戲你是沒有辦法把它數字化然后轉移到網上的。
This is something that only exists in the real world and the only place to play it is here.
這種游戲就只能在現實世界里玩兒,而且只要這里才有。
Okay, Tim, we're sold. Who's got change for a dollar?
好吧,蒂姆,我們買賬了。誰有一塊錢的零錢?
My name's Kristine Reynolds.
我是克里斯汀·雷諾茲。
She's the general manager at downtown Container Park.
她是市中心的集裝箱游樂園的總經理。
Which is completely made of shipping containers!
我們這個游樂園完全是用船運集裝箱打造的!
We wanted to re-use materials instead of just building from scratch.
我們想二次利用,而不是從頭開始修建。
Container Park prides itself on helping out Mom and Pop-type of brands.
集裝箱游樂園為的就是給一些獨立經營的小本生意創造商機。
There are unusual shops, like Kappa Toys, which specializes in throwback toys.
游樂園里入駐的店鋪都比較特別,比如“靠背玩具店”是專門賣復古玩具的。
3

And there's exceptional grub to be had, too.

他們的食物也是別具一格。
And let's not forget about the mantis.
還有,不要忘了螳螂喔。
And this guy, who makes her move.
還有這個讓它動起來的哥們兒。
Our last stop in downtown Las Vegas is a totally novel, literary adventure.
我們在拉斯維加斯市中心的最后一站是一個完全新穎的文學冒險。
I am Drew Cohen.
我是德魯·科恩。
My husband and I own The Writer's Block together, so you could say we're a Pop and Pop establishment.
我和我先生一期開了這家“作家的大廈”,所以,你也可以說我們是家庭生意。
We have a lot of kooky installations and objects in the store.
我們店里有賣各種各樣奇怪的裝置和東西。
We have an antique letter press from 1890.
我們還有一個1890年的古董打字機。
We have a machine called Bearsho who will produce a haiku on demand for 25 cents.
我們有一臺名叫Bearsho的機器,投25美分進去它就會寫一句俳句。
We have a mailbox that belongs to the king pigeon,
我們還有一個王鴿的信箱,
and you can leave a question in an envelope and return in one week for your answer.
你可以在信封里留一個問題,一周之內就能受到答案。
And it all goes to support free writing classes for local students.
而他們做的這一切都是為了支持當地學生的免費寫作課程。
So there you have it.
好了,我們介紹完了。
Three delightfully strange places you can only find off the beaten path in Vegas.
你只能在拉斯維加斯的人跡罕至的地方找到的三個非常討人喜歡而又頗為奇怪的地方。
This city is a very eccentric one.
這個城市本來就比較古怪。
You can encounter a lot of really wacko and awesome businesses if you are willing to venture out a little bit.
只要你愿意冒一點點險,就能邂逅很多古怪而酷炫的地方。
If you want to do shopping, there's shopping.
如果你想購物,這里有的是可以購物的地方。
The night life here is amazing.
這里的夜生活也非常棒。
It really is something you can't see in your hometown, and that's the definition of why you come to Vegas.
這里有你在你的家鄉絕對看不到的東西,這就是你為什么要來維加斯的原因。
It has dancing fountains and pinball museums and all sorts of goofy stuff.
這里有音樂噴泉,有彈珠博物館,有各種各樣奇奇怪怪的東西。
So next time you're in Vegas, try straying from the strip.
所以,你下次來維加斯的時候,不妨避開維加斯大道試試。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
antique [æn'ti:k]

想一想再看

adj. 古代的
n. 古物,古董

 
aisle [ail]

想一想再看

n. (席位間的)通道,側廊

 
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
throwback

想一想再看

(俚)復古隊服

聯想記憶
marvelous ['mɑ:viləs]

想一想再看

adj. 令人驚異的,了不起的,不平常的

 
strip [strip]

想一想再看

n. 長條,條狀,脫衣舞
v. 脫衣,剝奪,剝

聯想記憶
definition [.defi'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 定義,闡釋,清晰度

聯想記憶
envelope ['enviləup]

想一想再看

n. 信封,封皮,殼層

聯想記憶
literary ['litərəri]

想一想再看

adj. 文學的

聯想記憶
restored [ri'stɔ:d]

想一想再看

adj. 精力充沛的;精力恢復的 v. 修復(resto

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 二年级合并综合算式题| 魔法少女加奈| 热带往事 电影| 金太狼的幸福生活演员表_| 恐龙图片大全| 吉泽明步番号| 龙大谷| 隐形变异作风问题清单及整改措施| 密使2之江都谍影 2013 于震| 李路导演的电视剧有哪些| 全国急招压路机师傅| 韩国好妈妈| 八年级上册英语第三单元2b翻译| 孙东杓| jjdd| 浙江卫视全天节目单| 护学岗值班记录表| 激情小视频在线| 欧若拉公主电视剧国语版全集在线观看| 通灵之王| 嫦娥奔月读后感50字| 丰满少妇a级片| 推拿电影| 范瑞君| 一级片黄色录像免费看| 黄老汉| 康熙王朝多少集| 打男生军人光屁股的网站视频| 夫妻那点事免费看| 天津电视台体育频道| 无籍者| 王盼盼| 捆绑二次元美女挠脚心| 广西柳州莫青作爱视频13| xzj| 变形金刚1免费完整版在线观看| 西部往事 电影| 扎西顿珠的个人资料简介| 朗德海花园场景| 欧美日韩欧美| 《平凡之路》电影|