7 Questions
7個問題
The interview subject is Rose McGowan, (time says) the former actor, who publicly accused Harvey Weinstein of rape (which he denies),
羅斯·麥高恩,曾公開指控哈維·韋恩斯坦強奸(被他否認了)的前演員,
talks about her new book, her activism and the cult of Hollywood
今天和我們談起了她的新書,她的行動論和大家對好萊塢的崇拜
Q1: When did you start writing Brave?
問1:你什么時候開始創作《勇敢》這本書的?
Three years ago, but in a lot of ways I’d been formulating it my whole life.
答:三年前,但其實很大程度上,我一生都在創作這本書。
Q2: How did the cascade of accusations against the person you call “the Monster” change what happened with the book?
問2:大家對你口中那個“怪物”的指責對這本書的內容有影響嗎?
I am one of the people that started that process, behind the scenes, a lot earlier.
答:很久以前,我也是他們中間的一員,是我們發起了這項運動,只不過我是在幕后工作。
While I was writing this book, I was being harassed by his lawyers.
寫這本書的時候,我不斷受到了他那些律師的騷擾。
So Shaunna Thomas from the (women’s rights) group UltraViolet put me in touch with the media.
所以,女權組織UltraViolet的Shaunna Thomas就幫我聯系了媒體。
NBC and the New York Times were in a race for the story, and to make sure it didn’t die, I played both sides.
全國廣播公司和《紐約時報》爭著搶這個報道機會,為了確保我的故事不會石沉大海,我兩邊都接受了采訪。
I’ve been working for 20 years at this.
為了這一刻,我已經等了20年。
Q3: You remind me of an Old Testament prophet, crying that the system is corrupt, everyone is complicit, and everyone needs to repent.
問3:你讓我想起了舊約里的一位先知,他說我們的體系是腐敗的,每個人都是同謀,每個人都需要悔改。

Do you see yourself that way?
你也這樣覺得嗎?
Well, society has had an awful lot of thoughts for me, and I have some thoughts for them.
答:嗯,社會對我各種各樣的看法,我對他們也有我的想法。
Q4: What if I have information that they don’t?
問4:如果我掌握的信息是他們沒有的呢?
The media has been in training—and often paid—to slime me and to slander me for years.
答:這些年,媒體一直在接受培訓 - 經常還拿了報酬 - 給我制造麻煩,誹謗我。
And now seeing them try to treat me with respect, it’s like glitching.
現在看到他們試圖尊重我,感覺就像他們出故障了才會這樣對我一樣。
It’s hard for them, after 20 years of painting me as crazy, or one of VH1’s 50 baddest girls in Hollywood.
他們也不容易,畢竟20年來,他們一直在將我刻畫成好萊塢的瘋子,刻畫成好萊塢VHI最差勁的50個女演員之一。
It was this artificial image.
他們故意把我塑造成了這種形象。
I would be in Afghanistan, I would come home,
我本來準備回阿富汗,回家的,
and there would be news that I had gotten in a strip-off with Christina Aguilera.
然后就會有消息說我和克里斯蒂娜·阿奎萊拉一起跳脫衣舞。
Q5: Were you in Afghanistan seeing your U.S. Air Force pilot brother?
問5:你那次去阿富汗是去看你在美國空軍飛行員的兄弟嗎?
No, I was visiting troops.
答:不,我只是在探望軍隊。
I was there at the height of the war, and I felt safer in Afghanistan than I ever did in Hollywood. Ever.
戰爭最激烈的時候我就在阿富汗,但我覺得在阿富汗比在好萊塢安全。永遠比在好萊塢安全。