日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語視頻聽力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

浪子回頭 殺人犯監獄教金融課

來源:可可英語 編輯:hepburn ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

We gonna go ahead and get situated.

我們繼續,摸清形勢。
This is the finance program, and we always like to see new faces.
歡迎來到“財務計劃”課堂,我們隨時歡迎新面孔的到來。
When you come to Wall Street's financial literacy class,
在華爾街的金融掃盲課堂上,
you're gonna see people with tattoos and dreds,
你會看到有紋身的學員,有留長發的學員,
and just people you normally wouldn't expect to see learning finance.
反正就是你平時在金融課上沒有機會看到的那些人。
You're gonna see people with all different backgrounds looking for hope.
你會看到,雖然他們有著不同的背景,但他們都是在追尋希望。
He makes it universal.
是他打破了學金融的背景門檻。
If I tell you I'll give you the 50 bucks, but I want you to pay me back $50 in interest, what you gonna say?
如果我跟你說,我給你50美元,但你得給我交50美元的利息,你覺得行嗎?
I'm gonna say "no." You gonna say what? No. And why you gonna say no?
“不行”。你覺得怎么樣?不行。為什么不行?
They call me Wall Street because I teach all of the financial classes here at San Quentin.
大家都叫我“華爾街”,因為圣昆丁監獄所有的金融課程都是我在教。
I've been teaching financial education for about 10 years now.
我已經教了差不多10年的金融課了。
I am in prison for participating in a robbery-murder,
我是因為參與搶劫殺人被關起來的,
and I was sentenced to 54 years to life in prison for that crime,
判了54年有期徒刑至終身監禁,
and I've been incarcerated now for 22 years.
到現在已經關了22年了。
These are the stocks that I picked, MasterCard, I got at 89, they're at 200.
這些是我買的股票,萬事達卡,我買的時候是89美分,現在已經漲到200美分了。
Wall Street came to prison illiterate.
華爾街剛進來的時候還是個文盲。
He doesn't have a college education to this day;
他現在也沒有接受過大學教育;
he only has a GED, and yet, this guy is successfully trading from prison.
他只有高中文憑,但他竟然真的在監獄里做起了股票生意。
Marcelli, who had come from juvenile hall with me,
馬塞利我倆是一起從少管所轉過來的,
he would read the sports page to me, he'd be like, man, go get it; and I'll read it, and I grabbed the paper, and I was like, I got it.
他會給我讀報紙上的體育新聞,讀的時候他就跟我說,“兄弟,你拿過來我就給你念”;然后我就過去拿唄。
When I turned around, an older guy said, "Hey, man, you play the stock market?"
轉身的時候,一哥們兒說:“嘿,老兄,你也玩股票嗎?”
And I realized that I picked up the business section instead of the sports page.
我才發現我拿的是股票新聞,不是體育新聞。
I was like, ah, man, and I asked him what the stock market was, and he told me, he said, that's the place where white folks keep all their money.
我當時的反應就是,“啊,不是吧,”我就問他什么是股票,他告訴我,股票就是白人把所有的錢都存起來的地方。
And that's when I really first discovered the stock market.
那就是我第一次接觸股票的情形。
So, I started teaching myself how to read.
于是,我開始自學認字。
Family or friends on the outside opened up online brokerage accounts,
我外面的家人或朋友由注冊股票買賣賬戶的,
and I basically told them what to buy and when to buy and when to sell.
我主要就是告訴他們買哪支,什么時候買,什么時候賣。
And it was just simply, it was really just that easy.
真的就是這么簡單,真的。
This is the finance program, but I don't teach about finance.
這門課叫“財務計劃”,但我要教的并不是財務。
I teach financial empowerment emotional literacy.
我要教的是金融賦予的情感素養。
That's what I teach.
這就是我要教的內容。
So, I think financial education is important for incarcerated people,
我認為對犯人進行金融教育是非常重要的,
3

given that the crimes that are committed are financially motivated and driven.

因為他們就是為了謀財才犯的罪。
When I learned about financial education myself,
我自己學習金融教育的時候,
I thought that would be something that other men in my same situation could benefit from.
就覺得和我有著同樣遭遇的人也能夠從中受益。
And so now the program teaches incarcerated men
我們這個計劃就是來教犯人們
how to better manage their emotions and relations to their financial standing.
如何更好地管理自己的情緒,如何更好地面對自己的財務狀況。
So, you gotta weigh your strategies when you're talking about giving yourself room to start saving money.
所以,準備開始存錢的時候,你就得權衡你的策略。
When you're traumatized you do a lot of things you don't know why you're doing them.
受到創傷的時候,你做的很多事情,連你自己也不知道你為什么會那么做。
And that happens with finance, too.
在金融問題上也是一樣。
I suffered a lot of trauma in my life, and my trauma culminated in me murdering a man.
我一輩子也遭受了很多創傷,最嚴重的一次是我殺了一個人。
So, while this is very important to me because I do need to manage my money and manage my life,
所以,雖然權衡策略對我來說非常重要,因為我確實需要好好管理我的經濟狀況,管理我的生活,
what's most important is that I'm managing my emotional responsibilities,
但最重要的是,我要管理好我自己的情緒責任,
because the last time I didn't do that, a man lost his life.
因為上一次我放任自己的時候,有人付出了生命的代價。
I don't think you can have full rehabilitation without financial education.
在我看來,沒有接受過經濟教育是無法完全康復的。
I can make amends for the crimes that I've done, I can even stop doing the things that I've done,
我可以彌補我所犯下的罪行,甚至不再重蹈我以前的覆轍,
but I think for people who were criminals, when you empower those people,
但我覺得,那些戴罪之身,當你賦予他們力量,
and they know that they don't have to commit a crime like I did,
讓他們明白,他們不必像我一樣違法犯罪,
when I learned I didn't have to commit crime,
當我知道我不用犯罪的時候,
it was like, wow, I can really make something of my life and not have to be a criminal.
我就覺得,“哇,我真的能夠干一番事業,真的不用再犯法了”。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
stock [stɔk]

想一想再看

n. 存貨,儲備; 樹干; 血統; 股份; 家畜

 
trauma ['trɔ:mə]

想一想再看

n. 精神創傷,外傷

聯想記憶
criminal ['kriminl]

想一想再看

adj. 犯罪的,刑事的,違法的
n. 罪犯

聯想記憶
emotional [i'məuʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 感情的,情緒的

 
rehabilitation [.ri:hə.bili'teiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 復原

 
motivated ['məutiveitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有動機的;有積極性的 v. 使產生動機;激發…

 
universal [.ju:ni'və:səl]

想一想再看

adj. 普遍的,通用的,宇宙的,全體的,全世界的

 
committed [kə'mitid]

想一想再看

adj. 獻身于某種事業的,委托的

聯想記憶
illiterate [i'litərit]

想一想再看

adj. 文盲的,無知的
n. 文盲

聯想記憶
empower [im'pauə]

想一想再看

vt. 授與權力,增加自主權

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 重温经典节目预告| asshole| 黄视频免费观看网站| 电影名《走进房间》在线观看| 彻夜狂欢| 女生宿舍2012| 新手驾到综艺免费观看完整版| 小学道德与法治课程标准2023版| 《禁忌2》在线观看| 游吟诗人| 十一码复式22块钱中奖对照表| 人口高质量发展形势与政策论文| 忍者神龟 电影| 我不再什么作文500字| bobby charlton| 女攻男受文| 能哥| 菲律宾电影毕业生代表| 艾希曼| 欧美比基尼美女| douying.com| 鬼迷心窍1994| 10000个常用人名| 张国强个人简历| 列维| 最爱电影免费完整| 豪门本色| 真爱电影| 北京卫视今日电视剧| 好好的电影| 2025最好运头像| 金璐莹| 电影《stag》完整版| 抖音 在线观看| 熊出没之雪岭熊风 2015 张伟| 喜欢小红帽的原因怎么写| 洞房艳谭电影| 彭丹主演的经典电影| 林子祥电影| 拔萝卜电视剧视频高清完整版| 查宁·塔图姆|