Conversation A
對話A
Linda: What are you laughing at, Alex?
琳達:阿萊克斯,你在笑什么?
Alex: A funny photo. I got it on LINE.
阿萊克斯:一張有趣的圖片。我在LINE上面收到的。
Linda: Why is it funny?
琳達:為什么好笑呢?
Alex: My friends went to our old high school's anniversary celebration. They're eating chicken feet in the picture! See?
阿萊克斯:我的朋友去參加了我們高中的紀念日活動。照片中他們在吃雞爪子!看到了嗎?
Linda: Those don't look like good snacks!
琳達:那個吃食看起來不太好吃!
Alex: They are! A school's anniversary celebration is like a fair. You can eat all kinds of snacks there.
阿萊克斯:其實很好吃!一所學校的紀念日活動就像一場園游會一樣。你可以吃到各種小吃。
Conversation B
對話B
Rob: Hi, Alex. Linda told me about your picture.
羅布:嗨,阿萊克斯。琳達給我講了你的照片的事兒了。
Alex: She didn't like it. But chicken feet are a delicious snack.
阿萊克斯:她不喜歡。但是雞爪子真是一種美味的小吃。
Rob: I know. I remember my school's fall festivals. They were fun.
羅布:是啊。我想起了我們學校的秋季節日。非常有意思。
Alex: Do Americans have school celebrations?
阿萊克斯:美國人有學校慶祝活動嗎?
Rob: Yes. When I was a student, we made signs and decorated the school. We sold food, too.
羅布:有。我上學的時候,我們會制作標語,布置學校。另外我們也賣食物。
Alex: Wow. I should go to an American school's fair.
阿萊克斯:哇。我應該去一場美國的學校園游會。
Conversation C
對話C
Rob: Hi, Taylor. Did you hear the radio ad for Washington elementary school's fall fair?
羅布:嗨,泰勒。你聽到華盛頓小學的學校秋季園游會的廣播廣告了嗎?
Taylor: Yes. I want to go.
泰勒:是的。我想去看看。
Rob: I do, too. We should go and take Alex.
羅布:我也想。我們應該叫上阿萊克斯。
Taylor: Great idea! He would like the food and games.
泰勒:好主意!他一定會喜歡那里的食物和游戲的。
Rob: I like the food and games, too!
羅布:我也喜歡食物和游戲!
Taylor: They often do face painting at school fairs. That's fun.
泰勒:學校園游會通常會有面部彩繪。很有趣的。
Rob: It's all fun! Let's plan to go!
羅布:所有活動都很有趣!我們安排時間去吧!