Conversation A
對話A
Linda: You're very excited this morning, Rob.
琳達:羅布,你今天早上很興奮啊。
Rob: Yes. I can watch football games again.
羅布:是啊。我又可以看橄欖球賽了。
Linda: Is football your favorite sport?
琳達:橄欖球是你最喜歡的運動嗎?
Rob: Yes, it is. And fall is football season! On Saturdays, I can watch four or five games.
羅布:是的。秋天是橄欖球的賽季!我可以在周六看四到五場比賽。
Linda: Nice. I don't watch football.
琳達:很不錯啊。不過我不喜歡看橄欖球。
Rob: I'm sorry.
羅布:好遺憾。
Linda: I'm not. Who's your favorite team?
琳達:我不遺憾啊。你最喜歡的球隊是哪支?
Rob: The Eagles are my favorite.
羅布:我最喜歡老鷹隊。
Conversation B
對話B
Linda: Hi, Alex. Can I ask a question?
琳達:嗨,阿萊克斯。我能問一個問題嗎?
Alex: Sure, Linda.
阿萊克斯:當然了,琳達。
Linda: Do leaves change color in the fall in Taipei?
琳達:在臺北,秋天葉子會變色嗎?
Alex: Not really.
阿萊克斯:不一定。
Linda: They do here. I love the colorful leaves in fall.
琳達:在這里會。我喜歡秋天彩色的葉子。
Alex: Me, too. I can see yellow, orange and red leaves.
阿萊克斯:我也是。我可以看到黃色、橘紅色還有紅色的樹葉。
Linda: They look so pretty.
琳達:它們看起來很漂亮。
Alex: Let's go to the park and take some pictures.
阿萊克斯:我們一起去公園拍些照吧。
Conversation C
對話C
Linda: Look at all the apple trees. There are many apples on each one! We can pick a lot of them!
琳達:看看這片蘋果樹。每個上面都有許多的蘋果!我們可以摘好多啊!
Alex: We can. And we can eat them, too. They look delicious!
阿萊克斯:是的。我們也可以吃掉它們。看起來很美味!
Linda: Yes, but we have to pay first.
琳達:是的,但是我們要先付錢。
Alex: How much do we pay?
阿萊克斯:我們要付多少呢?
Linda: The people here weigh the apples. Then we pay by the pound.
琳達:這里會有人稱蘋果的重量。然后我們依照磅數付錢。