Conversation A
對話A
Alex: How do I pick a good apple?
阿萊克斯:我要怎么摘好的蘋果呢?
Linda: Look for hard apples. A good apple should not be soft.
琳達:找硬的蘋果。好的蘋果不會是軟的。
Alex: OK.
阿萊克斯:好的。
Linda: After you pick an apple, set it in the basket. Don't drop it into the basket.
琳達:在你摘完蘋果之后,放好在籃子里。可不要扔到籃子里。
Alex: We need to pick the apples carefully.
阿萊克斯:我們摘蘋果時要輕柔一些。
Linda: That's right.
琳達:沒錯。
Alex: OK. I can do that. How many do you want to pick?
阿萊克斯:好的。我能做到。你想摘多少蘋果呢?
Linda: Pick as many as you want to eat!
琳達:你想吃多少,就摘多少!
Conversation B
對話B
Linda: Hi, Ben!
琳達:嗨,本!
Ben: Good morning, Linda. How was apple-picking?
本:早上好,琳達。采摘蘋果怎么樣?
Linda: It was great! Alex and I picked two baskets of nice fresh apples.
琳達:太棒了!阿萊克斯和我摘了兩籃子新鮮的好蘋果。
Ben: That's great!
本:不錯??!
Linda: I made an apple pie for the office.
琳達:我為辦公室的同事們做了蘋果派。
Ben: Thanks! I love apple pie. Fall foods are my favorite part of the season!
本:多謝!我喜歡蘋果派。秋天的食物是我最喜歡這個季節的部分原因!
Linda: Really? Maybe I'll make a pumpkin pie next week.
琳達:真的嗎?也許下周我會做南瓜派。
Conversation C
對話C
Ben: Susie, what's your favorite thing about fall?
本:蘇西,關于秋天,你最喜歡什么?
Susie: The weather. Summer is too hot, and winter is too cold.
蘇西:天氣。夏天太熱了,冬天又太冷了。
Ben: Fall weather is perfect.
本:秋天的天氣確實很好。
Susie: Yes. It's cool. And I can see my breath in the air!
蘇西:是的。很涼爽。我能看到我呼出的哈氣!
Ben: The air feels cold and fresh when you breathe it!
本:當你呼吸的時候,空氣感覺涼爽又清新。
Susie: I also love the holidays in the fall.
蘇西:我還喜歡秋天的節假日。
Ben: Yes. Thanksgiving is my favorite!
本:是的。感恩節是我最喜歡的節日!
Susie: Me, too!
蘇西:我也是!