I am waiting outside Ms. White's home. A boy runs past me.
我在懷特女士的住所外面等候。一個小男孩從我身邊跑過。
He is tossing a baseball into the air and catching it.
他把一個棒球仍向空中,然后再接住。
He is wearing a baseball uniform.
他穿的是一件棒球隊隊服。
He shouts, "Number twenty wins the game! I am the homerun hero!"
他大喊道:“20號贏得了這場比賽!我是全壘打英雄!”
I see the back of his uniform. It only has a two on it.
我看了看他隊服的背面。上面只有一個2。
Ms. White comes to the door and lets me in.
之后懷特夫人打開了房門,讓我進到了屋里。
"Thank you for coming. Please come in," she says.
她說道:“感謝你能來。請進。”
"A thief broke my window. But he didn't take anything valuable."
“有一個小偷打碎了我的玻璃。但是他沒有拿走任何有價值的東西。”
"Did he take anything at all?" I ask.
我問道:“她有拿走什么東西嗎?”
"He took some candy. It was next to the broken window!"
“他就是拿走了一些糖果。糖果就在被打碎的玻璃旁邊。”
"Were you home when this happened?" I ask her.
我問她:“事發時你在家嗎?”
"Yes, I heard a loud noise. Maybe he threw a rock to break the window." She says.
她說道:“在家,我聽到了一聲巨響。也許他是拿石頭打碎玻璃的。”
I look around. But there is no rock.
我四處看了看,但是并沒有發現石頭。
So I look outside. I find something.
于是我向外看去。我發現了些東西。
But it's not a rock. It is the number zero.
但是那不是一塊石頭。而是數字0。
"Something broke your window, Ms. White. But it wasn't a rock," I say.
我說道:“懷特女士,是有什么東西打碎了你的窗戶。但是并不是一塊石頭。”
"And the thief left something of his own."
“而且那個小偷也留下了自己的東西。”
"What do you mean, Mr. E? Do you know who it was?" she asks.
她問道:“E先生,你的話是什么意思?你知道小偷是誰嗎?”
"I do. The homerun hero lost his zero." I say.
我說道:“我知道。全壘打英雄丟失了他的0。”