'That suggests that what you fear most of all is — fear. Very wise, Harry.'
“這說明你最怕的東西是——恐懼。很聰明,哈利。”
Harry didn't know what to say to that, so he drank some more tea.
對這句話,哈利不知道說什么才好,他只得去喝茶。
'So you've been thinking that I didn't believe you capable of fighting the Boggart?' said Lupin shrewdly.
“那你一直在想我不相信你能夠斗博格特?”盧平精明地問。
'Well... yeah,' said Harry. He was suddenly feeling a lot happier. 'Professor Lupin, you know the Dementors —'
“唔……是的。”哈利說,他突然感到高興了許多。“盧平教授,您知道那攝魂怪——”
He was interrupted by a knock on the door. 'Come in,' called Lupin.
有人在門上敲了一下,哈利的話被打斷了。“進來。”盧平大聲說。
The door opened, and in came Snape.
門開了,斯內普走了進來。
He was carrying a goblet, which was smoking faintly, and stopped at the sight of Harry, his black eyes narrowing.
他手上拿著一個高腳杯,微微冒著熱氣,看見哈利,他停住腳步,黑眼睛瞇了起來。
'Ah, Severus,' said Lupin, smiling. 'Thanks very much. Could you leave it here on the desk for me?'
“啊,西弗勒斯,”盧平微笑著說,“多謝。把它放在書桌上好嗎?”

Snape set the smoking goblet down, his eyes wandering between Harry and Lupin.
斯內普把還冒著熱氣的杯子放下來,他的目光在哈利和盧平之間來回移動。
'I was just showing Harry my Grindylow,' said Lupin pleasantly, pointing at the tank.
“我正在讓哈利看我的格林迪洛。”盧平指著那水箱高興地說。
'Fascinating,' said Snape, without looking at it. 'You should drink that directly, Lupin.'
“令人著迷。”斯內普說道,卻并沒有往那里看,“你應該直接喝下去,盧平。”
'Yes, yes, I will,' said Lupin.
“是,是,我會喝的。”盧平說。
'I made an entire cauldronful,' Snape continued. 'If you need more.'
“我做了滿滿一鍋呢,”斯內普說,“要是你還要的話。”
'I should probably take some again tomorrow. Thanks very much, Severus.'
“明天我很可能還要喝一點。多謝,西弗勒斯。”
'Not at all,' said Snape, but there was a look in his eye Harry didn't like.
“別客氣。”斯內普說,但他眼睛里有一種神色是哈利不樂意看的。
He backed out of the room, unsmiling and watchful.
斯內普退出房間的時候,臉上沒有微笑,還一副有所戒備的樣子。
Harry looked curiously at the goblet. Lupin smiled.
哈利好奇地看著那個高腳杯。盧平微笑著。