Now this brings us to our next pattern, which is body language.
這引出了下一個模式,那就是肢體語言。
With body language, here's what you've got to do. You've really got to just throw your assumptions out the door.
講到肢體語言,我們必須把之前的假設統統拋到腦后
Let the science temper your knowledge a little bit. Because we think liars fidget all the time.
讓科學給你長點知識。我們以為騙子總是坐立不安。
Well guess what, they're known to freeze their upper bodies when they're lying.
但事實是,他們在說謊時上半身一動也不動。
We think liars won't look you in the eyes.
我們以為騙子不敢直視你的雙眼。
Well guess what, they look you in the eyes a little too much just to compensate for that myth.
而事實是,他們知道人們會這么想,反而會過久地盯著你的眼睛看。
We think warmth and smiles convey honesty, sincerity.
我們以為寒暄和微笑傳達的是真誠。
But a trained liespotter can spot a fake smile a mile away.
但是一個訓練有素的識謊者能夠大老遠就認出一個假笑。
Can you all spot the fake smile here?
你們能看出哪個是假笑嗎?
You can consciously contract the muscles in your cheeks.
你可以下意識地收緊面部的肌肉。
But the real smile's in the eyes, the crow's feet of the eyes.
但是真正的微笑是發自眼睛的,從眼角的魚尾紋就能看出。
They cannot be consciously contracted, especially if you overdid the Botox.
這些魚尾紋是擠不出來的,如果你打了太多肉毒桿菌素,那就更擠不出來了。
Don't overdo the Botox; nobody will think you're honest.
別打太多肉毒桿菌素,沒人會相信你是誠實的。
Now we're going to look at the hot spots.
下面我們來找破綻。
Can you tell what's happening in a conversation?
你們能告訴我一個對話過程中都發生了什么嗎?
Can you start to find the hot spots to see the discrepancies between someone's words and someone's actions?
你可以找出破綻嗎,能看出某人言行上的不一致嗎?
Now, I know it seems really obvious, but when you're having a conversation with someone you suspect of deception, attitude is by far the most overlooked but telling of indicators.
這似乎很顯然,但是當你與你懷疑的對象進行對話時,你往往忽略了態度這個指示標。