Conversation A
對話A
Ben: Hi, Alex, what are you doing?
本:嗨,阿萊克斯,你在做什么?
Alex: I'm sending my dad a card.
阿萊克斯:我在給我爸爸寄張卡片。
Ben: Is today his birthday?
本:今天是他的生日嗎?
Alex: No. Today is Father's Day.
阿萊克斯:不是。今天是父親節。
Ben: No, it's not. Father's Day was in June!
本:不,今天不是父親節。父親節在6月!
Alex: Well, in Taiwan, we celebrate Father's Day today.
阿萊克斯:嗯,在臺灣,我們是在今天慶祝父親節的。
Ben: Why?
本:為什么?
Alex: Well, ba is the Chinese word for 8. So August 8 is ba ba. That is also the word for father in Chinese.
阿萊克斯:嗯,8在中文里念八。所以8月8日就讀作八八。這也是中文里爸爸的發音。

Conversation B
對話B
Susie: What are you thinking about, Alex?
蘇西:阿萊克斯,你在想什么?
Alex: I'm thinking about my family. Today is Father's Day in Taiwan.
阿萊克斯:我在想我的家人。今天是臺灣的父親節。
Susie: Tell me about your family.
蘇西:跟我講講你的家人吧。
Alex: Well, I have a mother and a father. I also have an older brother and a younger sister.
阿萊克斯:嗯,我家里有爸爸和媽媽。我還有一個哥哥和妹妹。
Susie: Are they all in Taiwan?
蘇西:他們都在臺灣嗎?
Alex: Yes, they are. I miss them.
阿萊克斯:是的,他們都在。我很想念他們。
Conversation C
對話C
Taylor: Rob, do you celebrate Father's Day twice?
泰勒:羅布,你會過兩次父親節嗎?
Rob: What do you mean?
羅布:你的意思是?
Taylor: Well, American Father's Day is the third Sunday in June. Father's Day in Taiwan is today.
泰勒:美國的父親節是在6月的第三個星期日。而臺灣的父親節就是今天。
Rob: My family celebrates American Father's Day. But my siblings and I can also call my dad today.
羅布:我的家庭過的是美國的父親節。但是我和我的兄弟姐妹也會在今天給父親打電話。
Taylor: How many siblings do you have?
泰勒:你有多少兄弟姐妹呢?
Rob: Three. I have two sisters and a brother.
羅布:三個。我有兩個姐姐和一個哥哥。