I get a call. A thief took things from an office.
我接到一通電話。一個小偷從一間辦公室里偷了東西。
I go to the office. A janitor is next to the door.
我來到了這間辦公室。一名看門人正在門旁邊。
He's eating an orange. He puts a peel in his pocket.
他在吃一個橘子。他把果皮放到了自己的口袋里。
"Who are you?" he asks.
他問道:“你是誰?”
"I'm Mr. E. Someone stole things from this office," I say.
我說:“我是E。有人偷了這間辦公室里的東西?!?/div>
He nods and starts eating another orange.
他點了點頭,又開始吃另外一個橘子。
"I think it was the secretary," he says.
他說:“我想是秘書干的。”
I meet the secretary. She is sitting at her desk and crying.
我見到了那名秘書。她正坐在她的辦公桌前哭泣。
"Why are you crying?" I ask.
我問:“為什么你在哭?”
"I didn't take anything," she says. "But the thief took some of my valuable things."
她說:“我什么也沒偷。反而是小偷拿走了一些我珍貴的東西?!?/p>
She says she went home at lunch because she didn't feel well.
她說自己是回家吃的午飯,因為她覺得不舒服。
That's when the thief stole things.
而恰恰是那時,小偷偷了東西。
"Let me see your desk," I say.
我說:“讓我看看你的桌子。”
I find an orange peel under her desk.
我在她的桌子下面找到了一片橘子皮。
"Did you eat an orange sometime today?" I ask.
我問道:“你今天有吃過橘子嗎?”
She looks surprised and says, "No! I didn't eat anything at my desk. How did that get there?"
她驚訝地看著我,然后說:“沒有!我今天在辦公桌前什么也沒吃。怎么會有橘子皮呢?”
I look around the office. I find another orange peel in someone's desk drawer.
我環顧了一下辦公室。我在其他人的抽屜里發現了另外的橘子皮。
I hold the peel and say, "I need to talk with the janitor again. I think he is doing a bad job."
我拿著橘子皮說道:“我需要和看門人再談談了。我想他沒有盡責做好工作?!?/p>