Conversation A
對話A
Alex: Good morning, Susie!
阿萊克斯:早上好,蘇西!
Susie: Hi, Alex. How was your weekend?
蘇西:嗨,阿萊克斯。周末過得怎么樣?
Alex: My weekend was really good. What?
阿萊克斯:我周末過得很好。怎么了?
Susie: I'm just looking at your hair. It's pretty long.
蘇西:我剛剛看到了你的頭發。太長了。
Alex: It is a little long. Does my hair look bad?
阿萊克斯:是有一點兒長。我的頭發看起來很糟嗎?
Susie: No. It doesn't look really bad. But...
蘇西:不。看起來并不是很糟。但是...
Alex: Then I have to cut my hair.
阿萊克斯:那我必須去剪頭發了。
Susie: That might be a good idea.
蘇西:那可能是明智的。

Conversation B
對話B
Alex: Hey, Rob. Can I ask you a question?
阿萊克斯:嗨,羅布。我能問你一個問題嗎?
Rob: Sure, Alex.
羅布:當然,阿萊克斯。
Alex: Where do you go to get a haircut?
阿萊克斯:你去哪里剪頭發呢?
Rob: I go to a barber.
羅布:我會去找一位理發師。
Alex: Do you like him?
阿萊克斯:你喜歡他嗎?
Rob: I do! I'm going to the barbershop today. Do you want to come with me?
羅布:很喜歡!我今天就要去那家理發店。你想和我一起嗎?
Alex: Yes. Can a barber also wash and dry my hair?
阿萊克斯:是的。理發師也會幫我洗和吹干頭發嗎?
Rob: Of course.
羅布:當然了。
Conversation C
對話C
Alex: This isn't a hair salon?
阿萊克斯:這不是一家發廊嗎?
Rob: No, it's a barbershop. Only men come here for haircuts.
羅布:不是,這是一家理發店。只有男人才來這里剪發。
Alex: And women go to hair salons?
阿萊克斯:女人會去發廊?
Rob: Yes. But hairdressers at hair salons cut men's and women's hair.
羅布:是的。但是發廊的美發師會給男女都剪頭發。
Alex: Hair salons in Taipei cut anyone's hair. They also give free massages. Do hair salons here do that?
阿萊克斯:臺北的發廊也是什么人的頭發都剪。他們還會提供免費的按摩服務。這里的發廊也會提供嗎?
Rob: No, they don't.
羅布:不,他們不會的。
Alex: Too bad.
阿萊克斯:真可惜。