Conversation A
對話A
Ben: So, Alex, do you have any exciting plans for the weekend?
本:阿萊克斯,你這周末有什么刺激有趣的計劃嗎?
Alex: I do, Ben. A friend invited me to go kayaking with him.
阿萊克斯:有啊,本。我一個朋友邀請我和他一起劃皮艇。
Ben: Kayaking! That sounds fun! Do you have a kayak?
本:皮艇!聽起來很有意思!你要皮艇嗎?
Alex: No, but I can rent one. It's not too expensive.
阿萊克斯:沒有,但是我可以租一個。不是太貴。
Ben: Where are you going to go?
本:你們要去哪里劃呢?
Alex: We're going to kayak down Old Mill River.
阿萊克斯:我們會去Old Mill河劃。
Ben: Be careful. That's a fast river!
本:要小心啊。那可是一挑河流湍急的河!

Conversation B
對話B
Rob: So you're going kayaking this weekend.
羅布:你這周末要去劃皮艇。
Alex: Yes, I am. I can't wait. Kayaking is really fun.
阿萊克斯:是的。我等不及了。劃皮艇真得很有趣。
Rob: I know. It's exciting. But it can be dangerous. You'll wear a helmet and a life jacket, right?
羅布:我知道。很刺激的。但是也會很危險。你要戴上頭盔,還要穿上救生衣,知道嗎?
Alex: Of course! I want to be safe. But I can handle a kayak well.
阿萊克斯:當然了!我要保證安全。不過我劃皮艇劃得還不錯。
Rob: That's good. So you won't have any trouble in the water.
羅布:那就好。這樣你就不會在水中遇到麻煩了。
Alex: No. That's not likely.
阿萊克斯:不會,不太可能。
Conversation C
對話C
Linda: Boy, this really sounds fun.
琳達:哇,這聽起來很有意思。
Susie: What sounds fun?
蘇西:什么聽起來很有意思?
Linda: Sailing up the coast of Alaska! My friend is doing that. She sent me a postcard.
琳達:沿著阿拉斯加的海岸坐船北上!我的朋友現在就在船上。她給我發了一張明信片。
Susie: Alaska is beautiful. Did she take her car on the ship?
蘇西:阿拉斯加很美。她有把車開上船嗎?
Linda: Many people do, but she didn't. She just took her bicycle.
琳達:許多人都這么做了,但是她沒有。她騎得是她的自行車。
Susie: How long is her trip?
蘇西:她的旅程要多久?
Linda: A month. Doesn't that sound great?
琳達:一個月。聽起來是不是很棒?