'How did you do that?' said Ron.
“你怎么做到這一點的?”羅恩問。
'What?' said Hermione, joining them.
“什么?”赫敏說,和他們一起走。
'One minute you were right behind us, and next moment, you were back at the bottom of the stairs again.'
“前一分鐘你在我們后面,現在你又在樓梯下面了。”
'What?' Hermione looked slightly confused. 'Oh — I had to go back for something. Oh, no... '
“什么?”赫敏有一點弄不清的樣子,“哦——我必須回去取東西。哦,不……”
A seam had split on Hermione's bag.
赫敏書包裂了一道縫。
Harry wasn't surprised; he could see that it was crammed with at least a dozen large and heavy books.
哈利并不驚訝,他可以看到她書包里至少有十二本又大又沉的書。
'Why are you carrying all these around with you?' Ron asked her.
“你干嗎隨身帶這么多書?”羅恩問她。
'You know how many subjects I'm taking,' said Hermione breathlessly. 'Couldn't hold these for me, could you?'
“你知道我要上多少課。”赫敏喘不過氣似的說,“幫我帶幾本,行嗎?”

'But —' Ron was turning over the books she had handed him, looking at the covers — 'you haven't got any of these subjects today.
“不過——”羅恩翻轉她遞給他的幾本書,在看書的封面——“今天你不用上這幾門課呀。
It's only Defence Against the Dark Arts this afternoon.'
今天下午只有黑魔法防御術課。”
'Oh, yes,' said Hermione vaguely, but she packed all the books back into her bag just the same.
“哦,是的。”赫敏含糊地說,但她把所有的書都放回到她自己的書包里去了。
'I hope there's something good for lunch, I'm starving,' she added, and she marched off towards the Great Hall.
“我希望午飯有些好東西吃,我餓死了。”她加了一句,然后她大步走向大廳去了。
'D'you get the feeling Hermione's not telling us something?' Ron asked Harry.
“你是不是覺得赫敏有些什么事沒告訴我們嗎?”羅恩問哈利。
Professor Lupin wasn't there when they arrived at his first Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson.
他們到了盧平教授的第一堂黑魔法防御術課的教室里時,盧平教授并沒在那里。
They all sat down, took out their books, quills and parchment, and were talking when he finally entered the room.
他們都坐了下來,拿出書本、羽毛筆和羊皮紙;盧平最后終于走進教室的時候,他們正在談天。
Lupin smiled vaguely and placed his tatty old briefcase on the teacher's desk.
盧平微微一笑,把他那破破爛爛的手提箱放在講桌上。
He was as shabby as ever but looked healthier than he had on the train, as though he had had a few square meals.
他和來時一樣地襤褸,但比在火車上的時候看起來健康些,好像是因為他結結實實地吃過幾頓飯的緣故。