Dialogue 1
Mark: Jingjing, have you been keeping up with the news recently?
馬克:京晶,最近一直在關注新聞嗎?
Jingjing: I like to think so. I listen to NPR almost every morning.
京晶:可以這么說吧。我幾乎每天早上都收聽NPR的廣播。
Mark: National Public Radio? That's where I get my news also.
馬克:美國國家公共電臺?我的新聞也是從這兒聽來的。
Jingjing: Yeah, I find out about stories when they're broadcast on NPR. Then I read more about them online.
京晶:我在廣播里能聽到都發生了些什么事,然后上網了解更詳細的內容。
Mark: NPR is a good place to get news topics. Don't you think it's a little too focused on American news, though?
馬克:NPR是個很好的獲取新聞的渠道。你不覺得它稍有些過多關注美國本土新聞了嗎?
Jingjing: That goes for any national news outlet from any country. BBC might seem to have more international coverage; but sometimes their broadcasts have nothing to do with recent news. Anyway, I like NPR's style.
京晶:任何國家的新聞發布機構都是這樣吧。BBC可能看上去有更多的國際報道,但有時候他們的播報跟最近的時事沒什么關系。不管怎么說,我還是喜歡NPR的風格。
Mark: How's that?
馬克:為什么?
Jingjing: Well, no issue is one-sided. Usually, there's an argument over how the issue should be handled. Even if it's something that doesn't affect me, like American immigration, I like to hear arguments about it.
京晶:沒有什么主題是有失偏頗的。通常,一個話題如何把握是會有爭論的。即使有些事于我并無太大影響,比如美國移民,我也喜歡收聽它們關于此事的討論。
Mark: What's your favorite show?
馬克:你最喜歡的節目是?
Jingjing: I like On Point, because each show starts with an important question about how to make the future better.
京晶:我喜歡On Point,因為每個節目都是以一個重要的問題開場:如何讓未來變得更好。
Mark: I like that show also. My favorite is the Indicator, though. I usually catch that on the podcasts.
馬克:我也喜歡那個節目。可我最喜歡的是Indicator. 我通常是在播客上聽。
Jingjing: Yeah, I have the NPR One app on my phone. I'll tune in to the Indicator next time I'm listening.
京晶:是的,我有NPR One的手機軟件,下次我聽節目的時候也聽聽Indicator.
Mark: OK, don't miss anything at Beijing Radio International, though.
馬克:好,可別錯過北京外語廣播的節目哦。
Jingjing: Of course not!
京晶:當然啦。
New words:習語短語
one-sided (adj) (觀點態度等)偏向一方的
offering only one opinion, rather than debate or alternate sets of facts
podcast 播客
(noun) an audio recording, usually pretty short, that can be listened to online anytime
app 手機應用
(noun) short for application—software on your smartphone (note English pronunciation)
Dialogue 2
Mark: I asked you about radio news earlier. Do you listen to the radio for music also?
馬克:之前問了你關于廣播新聞的看法,你也在廣播里聽音樂嗎?
Jingjing: I sure do! You know, I used to host a radio show about music.
京晶:當然了!你知道,我以前可是還主持過音樂節目的呢。
Mark: Yeah, so I was wondering how you caught wind of new artists.
馬克:所以我很想知道,你怎么找到那些新晉藝術家的歌曲呢?
Jingjing: Actually, I do most of my listening on apps. That way, I can easily find the songs I like.
京晶:是這樣的,我主要在手機軟件上聽,這樣就可以很容易找到我喜歡聽的歌。
Mark: Those are pretty good. They don't do much to introduce new artists and songs, though.
馬克:那些是挺好的,但是對新的音樂人和歌曲的介紹不太多呢。
Jingjing: No, not really—just the most popular hits. Do you have a recommendation?
京晶:確實,主要是一些大熱的流行打榜歌曲。你有什么推薦嗎?
Mark: Well, there's one I listen to. I'm not sure you'd like it.
馬克:我在聽一個,不確定你是否喜歡
Jingjing: Give me the name, and if it's free of charge, I'll give it a whirl.
京晶:告訴我名字吧,如果免費下載,我也去下一個試試。
Mark: Sure. This one's listener-supported. So, like with NPR, you don't have to pay for it or listen to advertisements.
馬克:沒問題。這個是聽眾支持的。就像NPR一樣,你不需要付費或收聽廣告。
Jingjing: That sounds ideal. Don't forget to tell me what it's called.
京晶:聽上去很理想。別忘了告訴我它叫什么。
Mark: Radio Paradise. They have a website and an app. Just tap the listen button and get started. They choose all the songs for you, just like broadcast radio.
馬克:電臺天堂。它們有網站和手機應用。點一下聽按鈕就開始播放了。他們為你挑選所有的歌曲,就像電臺播放一樣。
Jingjing: What genre do they play?
京晶:主要是什么風格的音樂?
Mark: All, kinds, but a little heavy on classic rock. That's why I thought you might not like it.
馬克:各種風格,稍微有一點多的古典搖滾,所以我想你可能會不大喜歡。
Jingjing: I like classic rock. I'll check it out.
京晶:我喜歡古典搖滾,我這就去聽。
New words:習語短語
catch wind of something 找出關于某個事件更多的信息
(phrasal verb) find out about something, especially an event
give it a whirl 嘗試,試一試
give it a try
tap 點擊
select something on the screen of your smartphone (rather than "click" which would be with a mouse on a PC)